Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2010, 04:01 AM   #1 
sunkissedinCA

Unhappy heartbroken..

i don't know what to do. it's ace. i put the heater in his bowl, it's been at 78* steady for the past week, and i've offered him pellets AND bloodworms. pellets every day, blood worms every other day. he won't take any of it. he just sits at the top of his bowl and does nothing, except when i go to put in food and he sees my shadow he freaks and swims into his cave. how he's made it this far is beyond me..i don't understand it. i'm going to be absolutely heartbroken if he dies. literally the ONLY signs he's been showing are that he doesn't use his left pectoral fin, and he just sits and does nothing(his colors are STILL bright..how, i have no idea..)i'm going to change his water again tonight, but i'm not getting my hopes up that he'll do anything different. it's been almost 2 weeks. i'm basically waiting for him to pass. and it's killing me
sunkissedinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #2 
kelly528

How old is the fish?
Any water stats?
How big is the tank?
How often do you clean it?
How much water do you change?
Is it cycled?
Any white/stringy poop?
Any swelling?
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #3 
sunkissedinCA

i'm not sure how old he is, i'd say around 5-6 months? he isn't full grown yet. no water stats right now. the tank is a 1 gallon and i change the water 100% every other day. i haven't seen any poop because he hasn't eaten. and nope, no swelling. when i first got him he was a little bit swollen so i didn't feed him and it went away. but now he just wont eat at all.

what do you think the chances are that maybe he has an internal parasite or something? i just thought of that.
sunkissedinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #4 
kelly528

Yeah I would worm him pronto although it doesn't look good if he's not eating. If you can get your hands on some Levamisole or any sort of medication listing Levamisole as an ingredient this will do. Usually you have to get Levamisole from a vet since it is a controlled substance. Metronidazole and praziquantel are good ingredients as well. Jungle Parasite Clear has Metro and Prazi wheras their medicated food has Levamisole, Metronidazole and Prazi.
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

So sorry :(

I hope you're able to save him.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote