Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #21 
doggyhog

NO. And I don't want to. It's sick to fight animals for "Sport".
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #22 
MrWynO14

I'm done with this conversation guys come on now, they are just fish and I don't harm them.
MrWynO14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:29 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

No, they aren't ":just fish"! They are living, breathing beings and I do NOT understand how people can get their kicks out of watching two beautiful animals fight and rip each other to shreds.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #24 
MrWynO14

YouTube - Wal-Mart Male Betta Fish Murder!

Check this out on youtube and you will probably freak out. Look at what our Wal-Mart does to THESE POOR FISH! I know you've seen some bad treatment at your local Wal-Mart because I have at mine.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #25 
MrWynO14

They are the murderers....not me I'm trying to create new life here, not kill it!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #26 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWynO14 View Post
So your telling me that you have never experienced watching 2 bettas go at it? Not to the death, but just too see how they interact? I said earlier that I don't fight them to the death or anything serious. When they try to flea, just as they would do in the wild, I then take them out, match over.
Naw, I wouldn't bother watching that type of interaction as we all already know how that would play out so what's the point? For amusement? Fish that are subjected to fighting are under going stress. Stress plays a huge factor in a decreased immune system, a poor immune system can and will lead to disease. Not worth it, IMHO. Cichlids can handle a stress load better than bettas, but most people will go out of their way in stocking a cichlid tank in order to avoid aggression. Just smart fishkeeping and my two cents.
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 03:14 PM   #27 
FancyFins

I don't know why you expected to come onto a forum full of people who love their fish and not get torn apart for admitting to fighting them?!?! What is any difference in this and fighting pits??? Fish are living breathing animals as well... I just can't believe you are trying to be so nonchalant about it.

Not to mention, from the pictures it appears you have two females. If that's the case I wouldn't expect any spawning.
FancyFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 AM   #28 
Olivia21

I dont agree at all with what this person is doing with his fish, but i too am having the same bubble nest being made. what can i do to help him make more??? i have crowntail bettas. BOTH MY BABIES AND I WOULD BE DAMNED TO WATCH THEM INJURE ONE ANOTHER FOR AMUSEMENT OR KICKS. you should be ashamed mating them for that purpose.
Olivia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #29 
xgoingdownx

We are well aware of Wal-Mart fish and the problems they have, but there is only so much you can do.

I think it's pretty terrible you let them fight like that. Even if they aren't killing each other, you're harming their fins, making them prone to infection, and stressing them out more than they need to be. Fish don't enjoy fighting just like *most* people don't enjoy fighting someone else. If you think this is fun to watch, have fun watching your fish die, because all you're doing is shortening their life.
xgoingdownx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #30 
iJessie

Did he end up completing a nest ? My males doing this to :/ and I'm kind worried because he is in a breeding tank...
iJessie is offline   Reply With Quote