Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #1 
fishmadcraig

Hes home! First betta!

Hey! Just been to the pet store now to pick him up! my first betta. Ive been looking for months on the forums and i just decided enough is enough after fish keeping for 6 years i feel i know enough to take one on, so when my dad got home from work we went and collected him!

hes a sort of white colour with blue/green fins at the moment, he was in a 5 gallon with lots of other smaller fish and it seems that theres been some fin nipping going on, but i hope to bring him back to full health.

I know its a crime to post this and not put up pictures, my batteries are charging! coming up.

Hes in a filtered and heated 10 gallon on his own, i think it'l stay that way for a while, unless i find another one that i REALLY like, then i can divide his tank up :)

He was the only one left, we went and looked on saturday and they had all sorts, lovely fish, they said they were taking a delivery of 8 more Betta's tommorow, but i just couldnt wait, hes too cute!, im so happy to see that they keep them in nice big tanks here! :)

Looking forward to releasing him :)
Thanks for the long read!
Craig
fishmadcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:11 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Congrats on the new betta! He sounds pretty!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #3 
nochoramet

ooooh can't wait to see pictures! He sounds like a happy, pretty betta!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #4 
Jupiter

Congrats on the new betta! Sounds like he has a great home now. :)
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #5 
fishmadcraig

Hey guys :) Well hes settling in nicely and eat some bloodworms last night! and flakes this morning. The pet shop said they had already fed him, but he was starving!

He greets me whenever i walk in the room and is very active and happy :)

In a couple of months when his tank is all cycled and nice, and his fins are healed alot better i will add to the tank and change the gravel etc, it doesnt do much for me at the moment.

My new camera is broken so heres some pictures from my old camera, i do apologize, there rubbish!

And while im here i may aswell post my frogs tank to! They are african dwarf frogs. They have been in SO many tanks in there little lives, and are currently 9 years old. This home is a 20 Gallon and they LOVE it! i feel that keeping a frog in anything less than 3 gallons is cruel, since the love swimming and stretching there little legs!

And my goldfish tank :) Its 40 gallon and has 2 commons and 1 Black moor,
I know its overstocked a little but i do 25% water changes and it has 2 filters. We have our pond fish Charlie in over winter, hes the big one, in real life he is absolutely gorgeous, very cheeky and super tame! hes a little big for the tank but hes a very happy fish, and i dont want to risk leaving him outside incase the pond freezes over in the snow or somthing! he is the most cared for fish in the world and i love him to bits :)

In the photos there is 2 more fish as we was cleaning my mums tank downstairs, she bought that when we found out how overstocked my tank was after i became educated in goldfish, so i thought i'd take a picture of all our fish together :)

Thanks! :)

Craig,

Last edited by fishmadcraig; 02-23-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #6 
SterlingX123

Beautiful Betta!!! Cute frogs and goldfish too. ^-^
SterlingX123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #7 
fishmadcraig

Thanks so much :)
Old 02-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Very nice tanks!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #9 
Alienbetta1
Banned

Those look like african clawed frogs.
Alienbetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #10 
fishmadcraig

Thank you!

And yup you are right! They are clawed frogs. I have both now, i always get them mixed up when i post picture's, their tanks are they same! :D