Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #1 
BakaMandy

I think she's dead...

)': I think my beautiful baby girl Nya may be dead...

I took her out of her regular tank to do a water change, and put her by my on my floor in one of the hanging condo containers so she was out of the way and I wouldn't accidentally bump into her and spill her onto the floor. I even put a piece of plastic wrap over the top so she wouldn't jump out.

But I just found her an hour ago on the carpet motionless and dry. She apparently jumped out through this tiny crack in the corner that I had purposely made there with the plastic wrap to let air in.

I don't know how long she was there... maybe 3-4 hours while I was doing the water change and letting it sit (I always let the filter churn the water for a while before I put them back in). I was sitting at my computer all the while...

I've heard of story where people have their fish jump out and even though they're almost dry they revive... I immediately popped her back into the water when I found her and was hopefully when I saw her starting to twitch.

But I don't know anymore, because she hasn't moved at all. So I don't think this will be one of those miracles.

I'm so upset with myself, she was my little sweety who was always so excited to see me and silly like a little kitty. I loved her so much because she was one of my first betta fish. I have had her since she was super tiny and I was so proud to have raised her to become so big and beautiful.

I'm a bit frustrated as it is. My other betta fish have all been having problems, Aros has a case of popeye that won't go away, Orenji's fins keep slowly deteriorating and I'm convinced it's not fin rot (Salt baths and medicines have had no effect. I'm told it may be because my water is too hard, but I've added Black Water extract which softens it, and I have tested it to know this), Shota has fin rot AND velvet that he accidentally caught from Lala who somehow got it.

All the while I HAVE been doing proper tank maintenance, I keep a very strict schedule for my fish )': So I have no idea what I'm doing wrong for all this to be happening.

And one of my pet rats is also sick with an abscess tooth, and I can't pay $450 for it to have an operation to fix it...

I feel terribly mentally exhausted.

And I don't know what to do anymore...
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:22 AM   #2 
Romad
TFK Moderator

I'm so sorry to hear about Nya and all of your other pet issues. All I can offer is a virtual hug ().

RIP Nya. You were loved a lot.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #3 
glassmouse

I'm so sorry you are having such trouble and feeling so frustrated. I wish I had the magic words to make it all better. All I can say is you have my sympathy.
glassmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #4 
BakaMandy

Thank you )': I'm going to go out today and find her a nice wooden box because I want to give her a little burial.

Urgh, I wish I had just covered the top entirely with the plastic wrap and poked holes in it rather than be lazy and just leave the corner open... I mean the whole reason I put plastic wrap over the container in the first place was because I had a funny feeling she'd try and jump out. ._. sigh...
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #5 
Vikki81207

I'm so sorry. I send you my sympathy and I hope everything gets better. *hugs*
RIP Nya
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:31 AM   #6 
Jupiter

Oh Mandy, I'm so sorry. :( I hope things start looking up for you. (hugs)
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #7 
fishmadcraig

Thats devastating, RIP little fishy.
fishmadcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Nya. RIP Nya.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #9 
nochoramet

Gah that sucks...I'm sorry... -hug- I hope things start turning around for you...
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #10 
veganchick

awwwwww.... that happened to my shark and I was devistated. I know how you feel and I'm sorry.
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote