betta fish

Old 02-23-2010, 09:42 PM   #11 
dr2b

So sorry to hear about Nya :(
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #12 
BakaMandy

)': Thank you everyone.

I went to the Micheals arts and craft store and found a tiny wooden box the perfect size for a betta fish. I bought some protective varnish and I'm going to coat it tonight. I also found some old blue silk in my closet and I'm going to sew a little bed for her to rest on. Finally I'm going to go out and buy a stone called Angelite and put it in with her when i bury her, it's supposed to protect her and alleviates pain, which she probably experienced passing away. I hope it will protect and heal her spirit.

A little much for a fish? I think not, she was really a special little fish. I've always treated my pets like they were my children.
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:57 AM   #13 
xxabc

I absolutely love what you're doing with her. Very respectful. if only we could also attend.

RIP, dear Nya.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #14 
sunkissedinCA

aww i'm so sorry! i know exactly how devastating it is to find your little one on the floor like that. i did the same thing for my girl ladybug too, i put her in a pretty little jewelry box with some flowers and buried her in the garden. RIP little Nya.
sunkissedinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #15 
FancyFins

I don't think that is too much, I think it's sweet. There is a small clearing in the edge of the woods in my backyard where I leave special things. I'm a loser and couldn't throw out my v day roses so I layed them next to a tree by that spot... the stems are still there lol.
FancyFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #16 
xgoingdownx

My family has always buried all of our pets. We have a small corner in our backyard where our past pets are buried- including my fish. [Dad even put one in a small jewelry box] It's a very sweet thing that you're doing for her, it shows just how much you cared.
xgoingdownx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #17 
LilMermaidGirl

I'm sorry to hear about your fish all the other problems you're facing with your other bettas (and your rat). My betta just passed away a few days ago, I did bury him in my garden, although I didn't prepare a box. I did love him though he was my fist fish, I know its sad I'm sorry you lost your fish

Also, I have 2 rats, have had 2 prior that both died of tumors/old age. I really hope your rat pulls through, they are wonderful pets even if a large majority of people can't get past the fact they are rats. Best wishes to you and your pets.
LilMermaidGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #18 
BakaMandy

Thanks again everyone :') I guess I was just feeling stupid because my dad was laughing at me for going through such lengths for her.

@lilMermaidGirl: ): It doesn't look like it. She has a tooth abscess, so the whole left side of her face is swollen. It's gotten worst lately... and she's having problems eating. I would have had an operation to have it fixed but the vet told me it was going to be $450 for the operation. :/ And apparently that's way overpriced, and there's no other exotic/small pet vet in the city, since taking her to a regular vet that has no experience with small animals will likely kill her by accident.

Both my rats are about 3 years old, so they're at the end of their lifespan. I'm thinking about putting her to sleep because I don't want her to suffer anymore, but the vet will probably also overcharges for that too ._.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #19 
BeautifulBettaFish

So sorry for your loss....it wonderful the way you are laying her to rest :)

it is very discouraging when we try so hard & it seems like everything goes wrong despite our best efforts....

Things will get better :) God Bless
BeautifulBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:05 AM   #20 
BakaMandy

): My rat Ashe passed away tonight too. She will be greatly missed as she was another very sweet creature and most certainly did not deserve the death she had. I did everything for her and I wish I had the money to get her the operation so she did not have to suffer as she did. )': I'll love and miss her forever...

... This has been a very sad week.

#BeautifulBettaFish: Thank you, I hope things get better too.