Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #1 
Jupiter

Smile New boy!

And what an awesome boy he is!

Lately I've been wanting a copper betta (like Doggyhog's Rilian [sp?]), but of course it's sometimes slim pickings around here. :P

Today I went to the petsore I got Renard from that sometimes carries awesome CTs (also where I got Sarpedon & saw an albino). Most of the boys weren't in great shape. One was dead, actually. :(

He was at the top in the back, a little hard to see. I was picking the betta up one by one to examine them out of curiosity, and from my POV he looked like a steel blue CT (which I am not a fan of). When I pulled him down, though, he was clearly a copper! He's a little more 'smokey' looking than the more regular looking purple/golden hues of coppers, but he might brighten up a bit. I think he looks stunning as is though, and he's got a little mask too.

A lady with a little boy saw me holding him and asked me if i had ever owned a betta before. Got a funny expression on her face when I told her I had 15, lol! But she was pretty pleasant and asked me a few questions on whether they were okay in small bowls, how often I fed them, etc.

So I wasn't planning on buying a betta, but came home with this awesome smokey/blue/copper kind of guy! Can't wait to see him when he brightens up! Unfortunately, can't take any pictures atm. Sorry!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Ohhh COOL!! Hahaha soooo, did you have to sneak this one in the house too? :D

Does he look anything like Rillian? (Pic below)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:18 PM   #3 
Jupiter

Yep! Lol.

He's kind of grey, like charcol-ish, but under the light he is definitely coloured like Rilian is. Could become more like Rilian though, we'll see. He doesn't have any red, though.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:49 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

He sounds beautiful!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #5 
Jupiter

just a little update for y'all.

He's doing well! I found out that he bloats easily by 'overfeeding' him two pellets. He's not that small either...but anyway, that passed so now I am only feeding him three pellets per day.

I'm already getting reeeeally attached to him. I think i have a soft spot for my CT boys.

Bambi really seems to have a soft spot for him, too! She's got some crazy breeding stripes. Lol.
Well, today's the last day she'll get to see him. I've been thinking of dividing my 10 gallon 5 ways for my boys. That's 2 gallons each, which isn't bad, right? If you guys think it's cruel though, I guess I'll have to take him along with me to Windsor and give him to my sister.

Fingers crossed all my fish make it okay!
Old 02-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think 2 gallons is fine.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #7 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I can't wait to see pictures! He sounds beautiful! Yeah, 2G's is fine. :)
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote