Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2014, 04:18 PM   #11 
Sabina88

Thank you both so much :)

Im really happy I decided to go with a sorority tank :) all my girls are relatively docile, while there is some fin nipping all they mostly care about is anything new in the tank and food lol
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #12 
BettaLover1313

Beautiful bettas!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #13 
BettaLover4life

You have awesome bettas!
BettaLover4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #14 
Sabina88

Thank you both
Old 04-10-2014, 07:30 PM   #15 
Sabina88

Today will be my first journal, journal, hopefully it comes out ok.

Yesterday I did a water change on baby bettas tank and Adamantiums tank. I came home and already baby had a big bubble nest. He is surprisingly aggressive, he has been making tones of bubble nests and he flares at any female betta near him or any male. Though he is still really tiny, and only a fraction of the size of my full grown males and females. The fact that he is frequently making bubble nests makes me think he is a lot older then he is which was also mentioned to my by I think Lilnaugrim or Tree (sorry if I got that wrong). I hope hes not forever stunted as a tiny baby. Hopefully when I move him into the divided 10 gallon it will encourage him to grow. Fingers Crossed.
On the other hand, Adamantium is doing well. Though I think im going to fast him to days rather then skipping a day like I normally do for feeding. At this point since ive had him for about 5 weeks I think that his buoyancy problums is something he is going to have to live with for the rest of his life. Luckily its not to severe and doesn't inhibit his swimming to much. But I also think it might be why he likes plants so much so he can shove himself under or in between something so he can rest. On a happier/funnier not, Adamantium likes to stick at least and usually one fin out when he stops moving, whether its in between swimming or when he is sleeping/resting. Its funny when he ends up with his fin againts something, I looks like he is either doing fishy one fin press ups or being cool and doing the fish version of when guys put their arm on a wall and look cool (if you get what I mean (I have no idea how to explain it lol)
Today I did a water change on Hales tank, he is very happy now to be in his home. I also decided to take updated photos of my girls which I usually avoid and now I remember why When ever I went to take a photo they swam away and or got photo bombed by other fish . So it probably took me 30 mins to get a pic of the 10 girls.
Sorry their not great, these were the best I got before I gave up (sorry for the glare, and algea, the oto cats are still working on it)

Arwen- she looks like a completely different fish then when I first got her and even from the one I posted in my journal earlier. The first one is they day I got her the second one is from today
Name:  Arwen.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  31.3 KB
Name:  Arwen 7.jpg
Size:  15.0 KB

Rouge:
Name:  Rouge 3.jpg
Size:  29.4 KB

K: The first pic is the day I got her and the second one is from today
Name:  K.jpg
Size:  23.4 KB
Name:  K 6.jpg
Size:  17.5 KB

Bo:
Name:  Bo 2.jpg
Size:  24.6 KB

Wyvern:
Name:  Wyvern 4.jpg
Size:  25.5 KB

Eft: (she looks better in person then the photo looks, he colorations doesn't look very good in photos lol)
Name:  Eft 4.jpg
Size:  20.1 KB

Tauriel:
Name:  Tauriel 2.jpg
Size:  48.9 KB

Kasai: (the same thing with Eft applies to her)
Name:  Kasai 5.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  22.9 KB

Kenzie:
Name:  Kenzie 2.jpg
Size:  25.7 KB

Tamsin: (shes not quite that blue and has some red was and turquoise tint as well but my camera didn't want to focus on her well )
Name:  Tamsin 4.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  28.9 KB

On a slightly dorkeir note:
About a week or two ago when I got my oto cats I also got some omega 1 veggie pellets for bottom feeders since my algea pellets are kinda old. I wasn't really thinking about it so now I try to have my goldfish eat some to supplement some extra vegies in their diet with their flakes. Anyways today while I was using a few pieces to get my girls attention to take photo I saw a weird piece of plastic so I pulled it out and discovered it was a little mini spoon. At least to me it was cute and kinda cool lol
Name:  Omega one veggie pellets.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  43.3 KB

Something else ive also decided to do on my journal is do sort of like a song recommendation/what im listning to/song of the journal day of some sorts.
For my first song im going with
Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings, it got stuck in my head and since I haven't listned to it in a long time I looked it up and have been listning to it a lot today
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j00fyFXJyi4

Last edited by Sabina88; 04-10-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:47 AM   #16 
Rosebud975

Wow, how many bettas have you got? You seem really experienced! I'm a newbie when it comes to bettas, got my first one a couple of weeks ago and I love him to bits, he's bright red and very energetic! Bettas are such amazing pets, I'm becoming a bit obsessed, lol
Rosebud975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #17 
Sabina88

Haha i have 13
10 girls and 3 boys.
I actually on have almost a years exeriance im still learning a lot too
Congrates on your first betta, i wish you good luck with him
Old 04-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #18 
Rosebud975

Thank you, wow 13 bettas, guessing you have a sorority, I've got three tanks but tropical is actually new for me, i rescued my guy going to get a plant, luckily the tank was already cycled! Having 13 bettas doesn't sound easy... Lol
Old 04-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #19 
Sabina88

I just did the math lol. I have a years experience with goldfish and about 5 months of experience with bettas.
Yes I do have a sorority :) It is a lot of work but its worth it

Also your guy is lucky that you found him, he is a lucky fish
Old 04-11-2014, 05:02 PM   #20 
Rosebud975

Wow, thanks! As you can see with my signature I've got goldfish too! I Remember when I got them thinking, 75 gallons for these guys, what? Well now I've got 2 1 foot comets I think twice! Annoys me when I see goldfish in bowls and people saying: "oh they only live for a couple of weeks" my comets are going to a pond soon, as the tank is overstocked. I've only had 2 weeks so far with my betta, enjoying it though,