Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2014, 04:43 PM   #21 
Sabina88

That's awesome :)
I also have a comet and a shubunkin in a 50 gallon. I wish I had a pond for them but the 50 was the next best thing. There so fun to have :)
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #22 
Rosebud975

Wow! My comets are so destructive, their favourite hobby is digging and eating the roots of my amazon sword, lol, my comets were sold as babies as "algae eaters" me not knowing what they were bought them, they turned out to be goldfish. Complained before the others went to unsatisfactory homes. I love shubunkins, had a shubunkin cross once, however it was inbred and had fish TB it got at the store, suffered from SBD when I got him then became lethargic and got finrot, I cured it but had to put him down, he was my favourite goldfish but just succumbed to his illness. :( BTW I'm really enjoying your journal, your a really dedicated owner
Rosebud975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #23 
Sabina88

Im sorry to hear about your goldie :(

Also Thank you very much :)
Old 04-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #24 
Rosebud975

Your very welcome!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #25 
Sabina88

I also love the betta in your profile photo :)
Old 04-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #26 
Sabina88

Journal #2

So my plan for this weekend other then watching more project runway and some other tv shows and movies is to clean my room finally. Then ill see if I want to use the desk in my room that I never use (it was my sisters before she moved out and we just kept it there after I moved into her room) to house my 10 gallon. Im tempted to just take it out of my room, more so because with a regular table ill have room underneath. But first things first is to sort my craft explosion that is currently covering half of my floor and desk. So If I don't procrastinate about it ill post updates as the cleaning and what not unfolds.

So the other thing that sort of relates to the cleaning/set up is school work. I currently have a bunch of big projects that we got assigned. I have a big news paper project for earth science but im not to worried about that, the two big things that are kind of stressing me is writing a 5 page paper for psychology honers. I know its not that big but ive never done a paper that long that was a research paper and im not 100% interested in my topic to really get into and easily write the paper which is due at the end of this week. The other thing is that we got a big project assigned for English and this one we found out that we have to present in front of the class which I hate. I have really bad stage fright so I get really nervouse in front of people and end up getting really red and talk fast. So that's making me nervouse and a little stressed.
Im not sure if I will work on my paper this weekend or clean. Im leaning twords cleaning and setting up. As that sounds more fun lol. I haven't set up a tank in a while and this will be my first divided tank so I am excited to do this. If only I didn't to clean my room..... hahaha

Anyways I think this is were ill end this journal. Hopefully im getting a little better at writing them even though its only my second.

Song of the day/journal: (this ones techniqly two but I couldn't decide) Give Me Love and I See Fire by Ed Sheeran
Old 04-12-2014, 04:05 AM   #27 
Rosebud975

Wow, nice end to the journal also thank you :) I like your profile pic too! Did you draw it?
Old 04-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #28 
Sabina88

Thank you very much :)
All of the drawings on my profile are from drawings that other memebers did for me,
The wolves are by Bailmint and the drawing is by ZeesTyphoon
Old 04-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #29 
Rosebud975

Wow, they're good artists, I can barely draw a stick man XD
Old 04-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #30 
Sabina88

Journal #3

I just relised I have a bunch of stuff to do today. I have my regular weekly cleaning of my 40 and 50 gallon tank. As well as cleaning my three 2 gallons. I wish I would have done that yesterday but I wasn't feeling all that great most of the day. I didn't sleep well so I was a bit over tired then I got a stomach ach so I didn't feel like doing much. I think depending on what happens they will be ok if I wait to clean them tomorrow. But hopefully I can get them in today.
I also relised that next weekend is Easter is next weekend. And I wanted the boys in their new tank before then. Were having a bunch of people over for Easter and I can only imagine that with all of the people walking around and probably kids running around there tanks will reaseve a bunch of vibrations, plus I think it will be a little to chaotic for them. So I am cleaning my room today and finding a spot for the tank to go in. On top of that we are also going shopping. I asked to go to the petstore so I could get a filter so it would have at least a week to establish instead of just throughing them in. I plan of heavily adding established bacteria from my other filters. If the water perameters aren't good by then ill just dump the water and fill it with clean water and they can hang out there for the day then go back to their ogrigonal tanks until their new one is cycled. I also want to get a few plants from petco today as well for my 40 gallon. Some Egeria Densa and Brazilian pennywort. So hopefully they have some.
My check list for today:
50 gallon water change
40 gallon water change
Clean/water change the three 2 gallons
Clean my room and find a place for the tank
Go shopping and get a filter and hopefully some plants and maybe the dividers too
Set up the tank

Fingers crossed that everything goes as planed today

Song of the day/journal: Do You Want To Know By The Artic Monkeys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB6mXBWrPXY