Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2010, 04:10 AM   #1 
iheartmypitbull

Where Can I Find a White Male Betta?

I feel like I should start off by saying I'm not a hardcore betta keeper. I only started keeping them because I work at a petstore and a few we got in were irresistable. I am a true cichlidophile but with college and a job and getting ready to move, I couldn't keep my three big tanks but I couldn't go without fish at all so I kept my betta, then got him a "buddy."

Aaaaannnyway, the whole point of mentioning any of this is that I don't know a lot about half moons versus veiltails versus cambodian or whatever. I know I've got one male who's orange and another who's blue. They've got pretty long flowing fins, and I know they're not crowntail, but other than that I have no idea. They're just chain store betta fish.

I'm wanting to get a third betta because I have a long tank (it's like a twelve long or something, very oddly shaped) and I want to put partitions in it. I've had my eye out for an iridescent white male for some time and nothing like that is showing up at the store. I suspect, if such things even exist, the breeders are probably picking any gorgeous fish they have and selling them somewhere else for top dollar. So where do I get one?

I'm kind of hoping to get one that matches finnage to my other two, and I'm not concerned about breeding (if I do it'll be just to see babies, not to try and make any lines or anyting) and honestly he doesn't have to be show quality fish. If some breeder had a batch of babies and there was a white one who just wasn't up to standard, I'd gladly take him. I just don't even know where to find anything like that.

Any help?

(Sorry it's so long, I tend to ramble)
iheartmypitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:01 AM   #2 
purplemuffin

You might have to buy online, but that could get expensive if you buy from Thailand! But boy they have some BEAUTIFUL white bettas!!

Maybe someone here knows a local breeder with a white betta! :D I hope so!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #3 
vilmarisv

Yes, buying an overseas fish is EXPENSIVE!
I think I saw a few whites from US sellers on aquabid.com
Also, if you're not lookiing for a PURE white bettysplendens.com has some nice white marbled dragons up for sale now... I want them ALL! Lol!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #4 
purplemuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
Yes, buying an overseas fish is EXPENSIVE!
I think I saw a few whites from US sellers on aquabid.com
Also, if you're not lookiing for a PURE white bettysplendens.com has some nice white marbled dragons up for sale now... I want them ALL! Lol!

Ohhh me too!! I keep falling in love with these fishies ! Sigh, someday one will be mine! :) I hope I can grab one that catches my eye!
purplemuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:49 PM   #5 
naturegirl243

If you don't want to wait for your petstore to eventually get one then aquabid.com is your best bet.There are some people that sell fish from the US on there so you won't have expensive shipping you would still have to keep an eye out though(just like at a petstore).
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #6 
iheartmypitbull

Thanks y'all, I'll be sure to check aquabid.com. and I've seen on here other people finding them at petco or walmart, I'll keep my eyes peeled there too!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-29-2010, 07:03 PM   #7 
vilmarisv

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplemuffin View Post
Ohhh me too!! I keep falling in love with these fishies ! Sigh, someday one will be mine! :) I hope I can grab one that catches my eye!
I got a few coming from her! But she just keeps posting fish and I keep wanting them. I hope she stops soon
I'm in the process of moving into an apartment and instead of spending money in essentials like a DINNING TABLE I'm spending it on fishies
Oh well, maybe I'll go Oriental and eat on the floor Haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmypitbull View Post
Thanks y'all, I'll be sure to check aquabid.com. and I've seen on here other people finding them at petco or walmart, I'll keep my eyes peeled there too!
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, if you're looking for a HM or a plakat don't even waste the trip to Walmart and go straight to Petco. That's where I found the fish in my avatar. Good luck!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:31 AM   #8 
prettylittlefishy

That HUGE halfmoon was in one of those tiny cups? :( What a shame - at least you got him.

What about this guy?

http://bettysplendens.com/articles/p...articleid=4138

Pretty darn white!
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:32 AM   #9 
bettalover2033

Well buy online aquabid is great!!! also go to a petsmartor petco or walmart because they DO have some nice looking fish!!!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:13 AM   #10 
iheartmypitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Well buy online aquabid is great!!! also go to a petsmartor petco or walmart because they DO have some nice looking fish!!!

Well I actually work at PetSmart and I've been on the look out for a white male for about six months now, it's where I got my other two who are maybe not show quality but I think they're very pretty. We've gotten in quite a few white females but I want a male!

I have never really looked closely at the bettas at Wal-Mart before, and although I know their fish department in general is pretty sad, the bettas are downright pathetic. I just got back and the whole two shelves smelled like dead fish :( That makes me so sad