Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #11 
xgoingdownx

I quite enjoy driving. Although I always hear people who are not from Louisville who say driving in Louisville scares them to death...
DQ, do you happen to be near Outer Loop? I can't think of where our other PetSmarts in Louisville are...[not trying to be creepy, I live close to there sort of..]
xgoingdownx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:22 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

I know that you don't like driving but I'd give ANYTHING to be able to drive. My vision isn't good enough to allow me to drive. Be glad that you have the ability, even though you don't like it. My mom hates to drive too and avoids it if she can.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:09 AM   #13 
jeaninel

Wow, how disheartening it must have been to hear such garbage coming from a LFS that is supposed to be respectable. I think you should buy the betta if they are healthy and good quality. Just don't listen to their advice. Was it the owner you were talking to?
jeaninel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:03 AM   #14 
kuklachica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaninel View Post
Wow, how disheartening it must have been to hear such garbage coming from a LFS that is supposed to be respectable. I think you should buy the betta if they are healthy and good quality. Just don't listen to their advice. Was it the owner you were talking to?
It was VERY disheartening. I was shocked. I have bought all of my 7 guys from Petco, and was hoping to get one of the CTs with his new shipment. But I couldn't believe what I was hearing. But at least he keeps them in very good health while there. Yes, it WAS the owner I was talking to!!!! ARGH! I think he views bettas as a "disposable" fish that is for amateurs and makes him money. I don't think he takes them seriously, you know? It's so frustrating. In the end, since i've already bought so many fish from Petco, I'd like to support a small local business also, and since he does take care of the fish in the store, that is a good thing.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #15 
Jupiter

Sorry to hear that Drama, are is there nothing you can do to improve it? Like laser eye surgery?

I am greatful for my sight though. I think losing your vision even just a little makes you realize how important it is.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:26 AM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

No, it is something I was born with.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #17 
doggyhog

I agree with Jeaninel... That is too bad that he told you all that rubbish though.. :\

Honestly, people are going to still be buying fish from pet stores, even if some people stop buying them there. It's kinda a hopeless cause to get people not to buy from pet stores.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think it would help if we kept an eye on petstores that are known too keep their animals in poor condition. Look at what Veganchick and her group accomplished? They helped to get a petstore shut down because they were persistent. The authorities got involved and Veganchick's group took over care of the animals.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #19 
1fish2fish

Ya know Kuklachica... my LFS is like that as well.. they promote the betta bowls and what not.. but I still support them. They take excellent care of their fish.. even thought the bettas are in little cups (which I tried to get them to go bigger) they always look clean and healthy. They are very knowledgeable about other fish and very nice... so I overlook the betta thing.. I know that sounds horrible but they are so much better than petsmart that I love going there. Plus they have live brine shrimp for a $1.

DQ.. That sounds nice.. but I don't want petsmarts and such shutdown. I just want them to start taking better care of their fish. I think it was on this forum that somebody posted a link of a walmart that had all their bettas in tanks.. I'll try to find the link. .. That is what I want to fight for.. education. I'd rather the stores learn the truth instead of just get shut down.

heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fhaQY5vIgg
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think the stores should be given the chance to change things, not shut down automatically They should be shut down if they refuse to change their ways and take proper care of their animals. Sorry if I wasn't clear on thhat. :)