Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #21 
xgoingdownx

Oh wow, I wish my Wal-Mart was like that!! I had to stack the little cups differently so they at least had air to breathe when I went there last time :( One only had an inch of water, poor baby. [we told someone about it who said they would tell management but I doubt anything is really going to happen, sadly]
xgoingdownx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:07 PM   #22 
1fish2fish

Oh ok.. I getcha now DQ ;) I agree if they don't want to change they should be shut down.. or at least not allowed to sell fish anymore.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #23 
kuklachica

My walmart was GREAT. They still had their bettas in smallish cups, but their conditions were always fantastic (NEVER saw a dirty cup) and they never bought more than they could sell in a short period of time. I actually called the manager and told her how impressed I was. However, they are remodeling the store and won't be selling fish anymore.
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

I was at Meijers a little while ago and I thought about going back too the fish section and take pics so you guys could see the cups they are in and how much (or how little) water they are in but I was with my mother, who is the most impatient person in the world and doesn't feel the same way about fish that I do.I'll try to do that sometime.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #25 
betta fish crazy

Did he really say that Prime and your test kit were garbage? That seems unacceptable!
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #26 
iheartmypitbull

Oh my goodness, it seems to me that out of all of the local places to get fish (3 walmarts, 2 petsmarts, a petco, and a small store) the petsmart that i work at is the only place I would be willing to buy fish. The rest are completely disgusting and have their fish in HORRIBLE conditions. And I'm not just talking about the bettas. It seems to me that Petco and the WalMart closest to my house are the two worst offenders. Tons of dead fish floating in the tanks, and the whole area reeks. Several of the fish looked severely emaciated and at Walmart it seems most of the fish are sitting on the bottom and completely inactive. I went last night and noticed they had a male and a female in a seperated "tank" that was maybe half gallon total, and the female was sitting nose to the gravel not moving. I though she was dead but her gills were moving just the teensiest bit. The whole thing was disgusting to me. I wouldn't ever buy a fish out of the tanks at either Petco or Walmart, since it'd probably die on me. It makes me so sad.
iheartmypitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:51 PM   #27 
Alex09

I have to drive like 30 minutes to get to my local petco. Fortunately they take excellent care in their fish. They are always feisty an in clear water. Of the times ive been there I only have seen 1 dead betta. My only other option is Walmart but they only sell VT's and half of them are dead and the other half are lethargic as the temp in the store is too cold (very high AC).

About the driving, Yea I was scared at first. But now Im just another nutjob who drives at 80 MPH in the fast lane listening to loud Rock music...
Alex09 is offline   Reply With Quote