Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #41 
Sena Hansler

Well, Rosetail is a defomrity.. and does look pretty. But, breeding bettas, most tail types were not technically named, therefore too were deformities of the finnage. However, rosetail is next to impossible to breed to gain healthy fry

I am aiming for the rarely seen in my town colors: yellow (check!) black (had one... poor Madame), baby blue (ooo), dark green, and super white
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #42 
kfryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Well, Rosetail is a defomrity.. and does look pretty. But, breeding bettas, most tail types were not technically named, therefore too were deformities of the finnage. However, rosetail is next to impossible to breed to gain healthy fry

I am aiming for the rarely seen in my town colors: yellow (check!) black (had one... poor Madame), baby blue (ooo), dark green, and super white
I always check for some rare or uncommon colors. I should have got the white one lol. At my Petco they have a pineapple girl so I may try to get her for my sorority. Are pineapples rare or just uncommon? I will still get her though.

I think if a breed/species/type cannot have healthy babies it is a deformity and should have never of been bred in the first place. I am talking about all animals as well.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #43 
Sena Hansler

I agree, but eh, all well.

And pineapples are more uncommon, than rare. Shiloh is purple o.o with a lovely red too. I would show a pic if..he'd..stay...still!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #44 
kfryman

I hate trying to get pictures when fish don't stay still. i want a camera that takes like 8 pictures consecutively so I can get good pics. I still like the pineapple girl lol. Is a fish that has the body color of a cambodian then the fins are clear, but with the right angle the fins are like a neon pink? I will try anf=d get pics up, they won't be clear though.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #45 
Sena Hansler

A picture would be nice. o_o there are cellophone bettas, though most are pretty pale. Voldemort was like that
Old 01-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #46 
Tikibirds

I have a bright yellow female and a pastel yellow female - fluttershy and caroline. Caroline was transparent when i got her and tiny. I think she was still a baby.

Yellow, white are rare here. Red and blue are the most common. All the cool ones I see are at walmart , petco - not so much

Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #47 
kfryman

Ok I got the pics. What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #48 
Tikibirds

I have a bright yellow female and a pastel yellow female - fluttershy and caroline. Caroline was transparent when i got her and tiny. I think she was still a baby.

Yellow, white and black are rare here. Red and blue are the most common. All the cool ones I see are at walmart , petco - not so much

Giant females are rare here as well but I found one at walmart. Sadly she died of columnaris
Old 01-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #49 
Sena Hansler

She looks like a cellophone female.. this is a cambodian female

and your yellow is so pretty

also, my half giant female Madame, black with metallic blue/green also died... it's sad.
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #50 
Tikibirds

Quote:
What do you guys think?
She is pretty

Quote:
my half giant female Madame, black with metallic blue/green also died... it's sad.
:( Im not sure what color mine was. She turned mostly black but had some yellow and her finsa were black with blue rays. She is in the background

why does my camera think it's always 2007??

Last edited by Tikibirds; 01-01-2012 at 07:30 PM.