Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #11 
sandystar

Small tank I'd go with glass gems. I have pebble gravel and its a pain in the ... You know what! To clean, in my 1.5 gal. (even with my gravel cleaner) However I really like the gravel and glass gem look in my bigger tanks. Especially clear. It looks so trippy when you get a clear gem up against the tank with gravel around it.
sandystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #12 
Neelie

had everything. from bare, to gravel, to marble to sand...

atm im using gravel for my cycled tanks.
sand is a pain to clean.
marbles are good BUT also not perfect to clean.

best, obviously is bare. easy to clean and harmful bacteria or parasites cant hold onto anything. i would LOVE to go bare but the fish dont like it... and it looks a bit cheap too
EDIT: obviously my quarantine tanks are bare for hygiene
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #13 
doggyhog

Also another thought is, in a bare tank, you can see whether your fish are eating/pooing normally. Very good advantage. I just loooove my bare 10 gallon. I have large marbles in one section with Rillian, because he is just too fancy NOT to have pretty stones. :D Those are a PAIN to clean!!!! I always find myself having to syphon his section twice.

I have my 2 gallon bin bare, it has a few marbles, like 10 in it, because Mikko gets bored sometimes and he likes to look at them, but it is seriously SO easy to clean, I just dump everything then fill it back up. EASY as pie!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote