1. What is the size of your tank?
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used.
Haven't used any.
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water?
4. How long the aquarium has been set up?
5 - 6 Months
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
Fancy The Fish (Betta) | Only Him | Maybe 2 Inches Long | 5 - 6 Months
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
7. What temperature is the tank water currently?
I don't have thermometer, since it's a small tank. It's fairly cold though
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity.
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)?
I don't have a heater. Just the Filter
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)?
No. My room is dark. He has a light for heat (20 watts)
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate?
Three days ago, and upon reading about popeye, I JUST did a water change, along with giving him new gravel. I change the water about one a month, when algea gets bad. and no vacuuming.
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule?
Betta Food. Two times a day.
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish?
He's floating at the top of the tank, his eyes are abnormally large and popping out. He's not eating. He's getting dragged by the current of the filter, and he lacks energy.
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.
I changed his water. I have no medicines, and there's no close petstores that are open.
Please help me! I love My little Fancy! He's the only pet fish I've ever had!
I don't know what's wrong!
Also, for a while, a few days after I got him, he got a small rock stuck in his gill. I tried getting it out, but had no luck. I thought he'd get it out, but he hasn't. So, all this time, he's has a tiny rock in his gill
My Mom thinks, he's losing his equilibrium, because he's laying on fake plants and not floating right. So, is he possibly dying of old age?