Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2010, 08:57 PM   #1 
veganchick

Angry I am OUTRAGED!!!!

Well I was at my local petsmart holding adoptable dogs, and I had to go check out all their animals' conditions. I was really impressed until I came to the fish. They had somehow managed to cram 1 guppy, FOUR feeder goldfish, a black moor goldy (with ick) a male betta, and 2 female bettas in a HALF GALLON display tank. All fish were smaller then usual size (the male betta was the largest at about 1.5"), but they had no room whatsoever to move around. I had no idea how they were alive in there. I spoke to the manager and she proptly told me that they had been in there all day and none had died so it was perfectly ok. on their tanks that they sold the fish in, it even stated that goldfish needed atleast 2g and guppies atleast 1 (which are both too small, but still larger than what they were in) I was completley outraged that they would encourage people to put so many fish in something so small.....
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #2 
AngelicScars

That's horrible. Ugh. :(
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #3 
doggyhog

GRR!! That is just TERRIBLE!!! Some little kid is probably going to be like, Mommy, I want that! Then the next thing you know, you have a kid with a broken heart and a broke parent. :P
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

That just makes me sick...Ugh!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

I've never heard of something that outrageous.. I would be reporting that store and the manager
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:47 PM   #6 
FireKidomaru

Grrrr..... I hate to see fish housed like that
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:08 PM   #7 
veganchick

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggyhog View Post
GRR!! That is just TERRIBLE!!! Some little kid is probably going to be like, Mommy, I want that! Then the next thing you know, you have a kid with a broken heart and a broke parent. :P
I know!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......... Sorry I came on here and ranted. I had to get my anger out on here so that when I wrote to petsmart it didn't sound all uneducated and angry...... I wouldn't be surprised if I went back tomorrow and all of them were dead....
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:14 AM   #8 
Laurent Proper

I kind of was fooled into buying porous living conditions for my Crowntail Bettas because of improper knowledge of fish keeping, too.
Laurent Proper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:50 AM   #9 
Noko

Thank god my petsmart isn't that bad. The display tank they have is atleast 55 gallons and they keeps goldfish in it, but the still sell the goldfish. Every time I go into the fish section, they have different fish on display. The staff all seem well educated too. They all have a pet that they keep great care of. I got two employees reading every book available until one of them had to leave. They finally figured out that I was right and I could keep female bettas together. At least they try!
Noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:44 AM   #10 
fishmadcraig

I would love to have known the temperature of the tank to, the goldies wont be around for much longer at all if its heated to tropical temps :(

And 2Gallons for a goldfish :( Its awful. Im glad to say that here in the UK the fish are kept alot better, albeit we might have 15 goldfish in one 10 gallon but the "Pets@home" near me sell at least 10 goldfish everyday.
fishmadcraig is offline   Reply With Quote