List of supplies
1. 5 or better yet 10 gallon spawning tank (hood and light $30)
2. heater (25-50 watt $25)
3. styrofoam cup (FREE yay!!)
4. a pack of live plants (3 or 4 per pack, price depends on the plant, I pay about $9)
5. one or two fake thick plants ($5)
6. Small World corner filter ($5)
7. Air pump (if you dont have one already $10)
8. Gang valve ($3)
9. air line tubing (10 feet, $3.50)
10. Brine shrimp hatchery ($16-$20 for a kit which is what I use and I use San Francisco Bay).
11. Brine Shrimp eggs (a small vial goes a long way $5).
12. A larger tank (10 fry per gallon so 100 fry will need a 10 gallon so get at least a 10 gallon or better yet 20 gallon for a growout tank kit with a hood, light and filter $45-$100).
13. 50-100 jars for the males ($10 for a pack of 12 canning jars).
14. Nutrafin Max Betta Plus (to add to your regualr water conditioner, it contains almond leaf extract and makes your fish want to breed).
So at bare minimum you'll need to pay $175.50 But if your smart you'll get a larger growout and pay $275.50.
Note this list dosent include the cost of the breeding pair or their housing (such as tanks and medication jars, it also dosent include the jar, chimney, or cup to release the female with).
Last edited by MrVampire181; 02-27-2010 at 12:06 AM.