Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #11 
Chicklet

Levamisole,
Has worked on everything I have ever run into including the Really bad "Camalanus parasite" which is found often in our fish stores.
Here's a link to the product,
http://www.foyspigeonsupplies.com/catalog/586.html
If your in Canada like me you can't purchase it here,
Also very Hard to find sites that will even ship it too Canada, But these guys will and another I found in Australia, If your in the Us it should be easy to find...1 tsp of this stuff treats 50 gallons.

Last edited by Chicklet; 03-02-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:27 PM   #12 
Kitch3ntools

oo ill have to get some of that :) thank you!!
if i get it i can use it in a QT tank b4 adding new living creatures (ghost shrimp, snails ect...) to a tank? (trying to find a location for maybe another 10g and divide it in 2) <- really just looking for an excuse to get more fish ^_^)
im going to buy it anyway even if the medicated food works because id rather be safe than sorry, and i couldn't bare the thought of losing any of them
Kitch3ntools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:33 PM   #13 
Kitch3ntools

so just looked at the ingredients in the medicated food i bought and it says
Active Ingredients: Metronidazole, raziquantel, levamisole.
i purchased the jungle labs anti-parasitic fish food.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:19 AM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

I hope he eats it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:28 AM   #15 
Kitch3ntools

:) me too, i dont think ill have too much of a problem because my girls are all pigs lolz, the males on the other hand are picky. just checked ups i should get it in today yay!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:07 AM   #16 
Chicklet

One of the first products I used was treated food,
It worked really good I might add,
The problem I run into was it's only good to the fish that Actually eat it,
All it took was one fish to not eat it or eat enough and it came back with a vengeance,
I lost ALOT of fish and alot of money to parasites, A hard lesson learned

The parasite came back on me again and again, The first stuff I bought was thru a company in the USA and it costs me almost $150.00 Just to buy it and get it here.

I bought/tried just about every medicine I could get my hands onto around here including every natural thing I could find, Nothing worked, Except Salt, yes strange how I say salt, Problem is you have to use it in such extreme doses for a very long time, That it either kills the fish before the worm or your fish is severely crippled by it,.

Levamisole was my last hope, If it hadn't of worked I was done,

" jungle labs anti-parasitic fish food" alot of fish doesn't like the taste and refuse to eat it.
Making it useless

I hope your fish eat it,

Levamisole is about the best parasite med you can get, it'll kill most every parasite with ease if dosed correctly. Nothing beats the "in water treatment" nothing escapes it's reach. off all the medicines I used for parasites it was the easiest to use and the easiest on the fish..

I have been told that over the next few yrs there is going to be a hugh influx of parasites coming into our fish stores and I tend to believe it, approx 1 in every 4 fish I have purchased had a Parasite

Last edited by Chicklet; 03-03-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Chicklet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #17 
Kitch3ntools

>.< they wont eat the food. o well im going to buy the powder for them. seeing as i do plan to get more fishies in the future its good to have on hand.

do you treat them once or is it like something you regularly do?
Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 PM   #18 
ThePearlFish

I am glad I saw this thread and am going to definitely continue to follow it. I am now thinking I am going to do this to my fish tank I have now and once I have my 55 gal. set up with my current fish, with each new fish I add to it I am going to dose the tank just in case.

Kitch3nTools, I hope your female gets completely better :)

~TPF
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #19 
Kitch3ntools

:) thanks ThePearlFish her "wound" is completely healed and is her dark blueish greenish coloring so thankfully that's done and over with. i was so scared it would progress and shed have a huge hole in her, but shes a trooper and heals FAST (thankfully)

im now going to be buying a seperate net for each tank because of this. (walmart has green ones, and petco has black and white) it is rare that i have to net my fish because i have cycled tanks and do PWCs but u never know whos gunna blow a fin or decide out of nowhere they wanna nip their own fins.

and thank you Chicklet so much for your information, im sure it was a hard learned experiance, but my fin kids will be thanking you when they feel better and rid of their yuckies. i know im eternally greatful <3
Old 03-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

Each one of my fish has his or her own net. When one dies the net gets thrown away.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote