Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #11 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Well google dosent have all the answers.
Well of course it doesn't have ALL the answers, some things you just need to talk to an experienced breeder to learn and understand, but the answers to all of these questions I could find on google.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
actually i have done about a month worth of research and i think im ready i have it all planned out and im going to sell them to my local fish store and give some away and i know that there can be up to 500 Betta's or more per breeding. so i am ready and i have the containers for when they get too aggressive to be with each other. and i have one question and it is why are bettas so aggressive toward others of its kind???
Okay, I REALLY don't want to sound rude.....but if you've done a months worth of research and you still don't know what conditioning is....you haven't researched enough. Conditioning and how to do so was one of the first things I learned when I started researching on how to breed. I highly, highly recommend you take some time and head to google and read up as much as you can. I can also direct you to a site where there are many experienced breeders that you can talk with/ask questions to/or even just read their spawning logs and experiences...but its another forum, so I'm probably not aloud to to post it, but send me a PM if your interested and I'll send you a link.

Though, to my knowledge, Betta Splendens are aggressive because thy were originally bred and raised in Thailand for fighting. Somewhere along the line though people started to produce a longer-finned version for showing. Not sure of the details or anything, never really looked into it that deeply, but I'm sure a couple more experienced keepers on here could tell you, or you could fins something about it with a little search on google ;)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #12 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think there are some questions that only an experienced breeder can answer. I can answer a few questions about breeding but since I've never done it, there are some thinngs I can't answer like dragonfish, MrVampire or Cindylou can, because of their experience.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #13 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Well of course it doesn't have ALL the answers, some things you just need to talk to an experienced breeder to learn and understand, but the answers to all of these questions I could find on google.
I didnt say that to sound rude but I'm hjust saying google actually has very little on the important parts of spawning :P.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #14 
bettalover2033

well can anyone help me find an experienced breeder?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #15 
doggyhog

An experienced breeder for what? to help you find info? Well, then Mr. Vamp is your man!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #16 
bettalover2033

yea i need to speak to an experienced breeder so i can get answered questions and other info but you guys/girls helped me a lot thank you!!thankx
Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #17 
bettalover2033

so mr vamp is an experienced breeder??

Last edited by bettalover2033; 03-02-2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: i forgot the o in the word "so"
Old 03-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, he is. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:52 PM   #19 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
I didnt say that to sound rude but I'm hjust saying google actually has very little on the important parts of spawning :P.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude or seem like I thought you were sounding rude...that isn't at all what I thought about your comment. D: I do greatly apologize, I'm rather sick at the moment, and I already stink at explaining things to begin with.... :P

But I have to disagree, I found google to be a very reliable resource when I did my research, I found many very helpful sites that outlined the breeding process very well. The key is just you have to read, and read, and read....double check your info with other sites...triple check it...then try and search for the experiences of successful breeders to check your info again. Google is a very reliable resource, IMO/E :)
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:07 AM   #20 
bettalover2033

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude or seem like I thought you were sounding rude...that isn't at all what I thought about your comment. D: I do greatly apologize, I'm rather sick at the moment, and I already stink at explaining things to begin with.... :P

But I have to disagree, I found google to be a very reliable resource when I did my research, I found many very helpful sites that outlined the breeding process very well. The key is just you have to read, and read, and read....double check your info with other sites...triple check it...then try and search for the experiences of successful breeders to check your info again. Google is a very reliable resource, IMO/E :)
i also think so that google is a very reliable source because all i know is from google and also i now know that i have a lot more research to do...