Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Art
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #11 
MidnightsSong

Ohhh!!! My boy Confetti?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/3a449c58d...j5o10_1280.jpg

And if you'd also like to do Finn, I might cry!
https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...27865157_n.jpg

EDIT
ACK I SUCK!! I'm SORRY JUST SAW THE THREAD IS CLOSED!
MidnightsSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:40 PM   #12 
Agent13
Reference Team

Do you do fish other then bettas ?
I have a couple pretty bettas but I have fantastic pics of some others if you want a drastically different fish .

A cute face shot of my bfs red severum from last night (Jaysees fish)
Name:  ImageUploadedByPetGuide1398648718.755529.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  39.3 KB

My ornate bichir named Baybay
Name:  ImageUploadedByPetGuide1398649038.997417.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  41.1 KB

One of our new discus . Royal blue snakeskin is the type . It's a juvie

Name:  ImageUploadedByPetGuide1398649145.017039.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  37.6 KB

Sent from Petguide.com App
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #13 
myexplodingcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightsSong View Post
Ohhh!!! My boy Confetti?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/3a449c58d...j5o10_1280.jpg

And if you'd also like to do Finn, I might cry!
https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...27865157_n.jpg

EDIT
ACK I SUCK!! I'm SORRY JUST SAW THE THREAD IS CLOSED!
Ahhhhhh those are beautiful :D

I'm afraid you've inadvertently hit my weak spot... pretty fish :O

(of course basically all bettas are pretty, so I end up drawing a lot of fish)

That's it, I'm going to draw these. But first-fish-first-served, so the others will have to have their turn. And it might be a while because right now I have the flu (seriously, immune system? Can you be healthy long enough for me to think straight?) and they've been waiting for like a week. But I will get to you guys!

As for the non-bettas... I have no clue how to draw those

I could take a crack at them, but I'd probably need at least two pics per fish from different angles in order to learn what they look like. I've never been good at just copying pictures exactly. It might look like that's what I'm doing, but what I actually do when I draw is the process I describe in the tutorial linked in my sig, which is quite a bit different and a heck of a lot easier!

(That's why I decided to make it into a tutorial: so that people who were just trying to copy pictures could understand what they were seeing a little bit better.)

Bettas are roughly uniform in shape even if they have lots of individual characteristics, so if I can't see a particular characteristic in one photo, I have a good guess as to what I'm missing. I don't know what's going on with other fish, though, and I also don't have one swimming right in front of me as a rough reference model.

But I will probably try if you give me more pictures. :)
myexplodingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:48 PM   #14 
myexplodingcat

Started Enceladus's sketch 'cause I'm feeling a little better than yesterday, but I feel like it could be better because my hands are still kinda shaky.

Sigh. Later. I want to get him right.

Is he a marble? His coloring is so extravagant :o
Old 05-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #15 
myexplodingcat

Enceladus is done!

Man, talk about detail work. I wanted to get him right though.

I've never drawn a marble before! His coloring is crazy. :O

Iggy's up next on the list. I hope to get him done soon so it's not *too* late for his birthday. :D One goofy birthday hat pic coming up for what can actually be a rather grumpy fish. Adorably grumpy, though. XD Iggy's awesome.

Here's Enceladus. I couldn't stop thinking of his name as "Enchiladas" while I was drawing it, so hopefully he looks like a fish and not a plate of Mexican food.

As always, PM me with your email address if you want a cleaner, high-quality version. Still working on the DeviantArt thing.
Attached Images

Old 05-07-2014, 05:17 PM   #16 
Meade

myexplodingcat yes he is a marble and has now got more colour on fins... More red Lol! That pic is amazing! Thanks!

You have any questions about dA? I've been using it since 2004!
Meade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #17 
MidnightsSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by myexplodingcat View Post
Ahhhhhh those are beautiful :D

I'm afraid you've inadvertently hit my weak spot... pretty fish :O

(of course basically all bettas are pretty, so I end up drawing a lot of fish)

That's it, I'm going to draw these. But first-fish-first-served, so the others will have to have their turn. And it might be a while because right now I have the flu (seriously, immune system? Can you be healthy long enough for me to think straight?) and they've been waiting for like a week. But I will get to you guys!

As for the non-bettas... I have no clue how to draw those

I could take a crack at them, but I'd probably need at least two pics per fish from different angles in order to learn what they look like. I've never been good at just copying pictures exactly. It might look like that's what I'm doing, but what I actually do when I draw is the process I describe in the tutorial linked in my sig, which is quite a bit different and a heck of a lot easier!

(That's why I decided to make it into a tutorial: so that people who were just trying to copy pictures could understand what they were seeing a little bit better.)

Bettas are roughly uniform in shape even if they have lots of individual characteristics, so if I can't see a particular characteristic in one photo, I have a good guess as to what I'm missing. I don't know what's going on with other fish, though, and I also don't have one swimming right in front of me as a rough reference model.

But I will probably try if you give me more pictures. :)
Oh my goodness! Thank you!!!!
Of course, I'm okay with waiting! Everyone before me has waited longer and deserve there's first. S'all good.

And oh no!!! Get better! The flu is not fun at all!
MidnightsSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:18 PM   #18 
shyanne

Can you do my two bettas? I don't mind waiting till you get done with everyone else.

Kaida:
Name:  kaida4.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  31.7 KB
Name:  kaida55.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  29.8 KB

Julie:
Name:  julie7.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  69.5 KB

Thanks!
shyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #19 
myexplodingcat

Iggy!

Happy B-day, Iggy!

ricepattyfish, I think you mentioned he's really possessive of his snail and likes hanging out on those leaves and glaring at you. (What a character! XD)

It looks like Iggy in the shade vs. Iggy's lit face is remarkably different, color-wise. If both pics are accurate... well, he must be some kind of rainbow fish! I tried to get the color right but I'm not sure.

If I got something wrong on either count, let me know so I can fix it for you. Which wouldn't be difficult or hurt my feelings or anything like that, so don't feel bad about telling me.

Wow. I'm going to find an easier fish to draw--he took a while! But he was a fun one. :3
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #20 
ricepattyfish5

Quote:
Originally Posted by myexplodingcat View Post
Happy B-day, Iggy!

ricepattyfish, I think you mentioned he's really possessive of his snail and likes hanging out on those leaves and glaring at you. (What a character! XD)

It looks like Iggy in the shade vs. Iggy's lit face is remarkably different, color-wise. If both pics are accurate... well, he must be some kind of rainbow fish! I tried to get the color right but I'm not sure.

If I got something wrong on either count, let me know so I can fix it for you. Which wouldn't be difficult or hurt my feelings or anything like that, so don't feel bad about telling me.

Wow. I'm going to find an easier fish to draw--he took a while! But he was a fun one. :3
WOW!!! You got his colors SPOT ON!!!! At every angle I look at him, your picture is EXACTLY perfect down to the very scale!!!! I adore it!!! Thank you so much!!! Yes he is definitely a character lol -- grumpy old man!!! And I love that you added his snail and leaf in there!!! THank you!!! He is going to adore this!!!! :))))
ricepattyfish5 is offline   Reply With Quote