Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #1 
1stAquarium

Can you feed betta fry liquifry?

What if I mix it with water before putting it in the fry tank?
I grew a culture but it smells so bad, and when I put it in the fry tank it has a consistency like cotton wool, just sits on the bottom like a stringy mess?! So I don't know if there is anything good left in it like infusoria.
The only other thing I have is a vase of flowers which I've heard can have infusoria in? I have had them a couple of weeks but I added flower food to begin with, so I don't know if it will be usable?
Please help, my fry are free swimming now and need to eat!
Posted via Mobile Device
1stAquarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #2 
Austin

You can try liquidfry. I've never bred bettas successfully, but I've had baby angelfish and stuff... You mine as well try liquidfry if there's no other option. O_O Better than nothing. Also it sounds like ur infusoria might still be ok. I'd try it anyways. (The culture u started)
Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #3 
MrVampire181

When I spawn I use live plants to produce infusoria and I feed brine shrimp. Then at 1 month of age I feed the shrimp and crushed up flake food.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #4 
1stAquarium

Well they are still alive a week after becoming free swimming so they must be eating something! I keep adding a drop of liquifry. There's also live floating plants and java moss in the tank which should help.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

They're probably eating microscopic organisms that live on the live plants.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:31 AM   #6 
1stAquarium

Well, a few weeks later and I have two surviving betta babies as far as I can see :) they are indeed eating microscopic organisms, I can even see tiny little dots swimming about in the tank.
As they are currently inhabiting a 64 litre tank and there's only two of them (!) I would like to put them in a breeding box or something, so I can put other fish in the tank. Do you think they will still have things to eat in a breeding box floating in this water??