Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #11 
doggyhog

Hahahaha!!! I know this well!! Jello can jump SO high and the first him he did it He CLAMPED down on me! He also bit me when I was hand feeding him once, (Never did that again) Took my like 5 minutes to calm down LOL.

When I feed Angel, I have to quick throw the pellets in before she jumps! If I let her, she'd jump out of her tank! Luckily, she has a very secure cover!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #12 
Jupiter

Most of my girls will 'nip' my fingers if I place them in their tank, but Gloria BITES! It does hurt more than you'd think it would. I was shocked the first time she did it. Lol.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #13 
1fish2fish

None of mine really jump.. When Freddie bit me my finger was only like an inch above the water. I frequently leave the tops open or off on my tanks during the day (for better air circulation) and I've never had a suicide attempt.. not even in the 1 gallons
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #14 
vaygirl

Tango bites me all the time but it never hurt. So far. I have a feeling Kilo could put a hurt on me if he wanted to. His mouth is twice Tango's size.

I've heard they were jumpers but I never really had an appreciation for it. Now I get it! No wonder ya'll are always saying lids, lids, lids. Lol!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #15 
nochoramet

lol all mine bite but Fru. Chance will clamp down hard though it scares me!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #16 
vaygirl

Okay, so he totally attacks. Lol! I can't even put a finger in there. He's like a shark. What happened to my sweet puppy fish!? He doesn't even flare and yet he was all 'om nom nom nom' on my finger! It didn't hurt and I made myself leave my finger in there thinking he'd get bored. Nope. He just kept getting more distance and hitting me harder. LOL! Do they ever like, grow out of it?! Hehehehe.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #17 
FancyFins

The girls in my sorority will follow my hands around their tank when I'm doing somehting like moving a plant but thankfully no one has bit me yet. Dallas is the only one who jumps out of the water though I'm sure the others could be convinced. My males are all just lazy turds.

I actually used to have a slight fear of fish I guess. Could not STAND to touch one. I have no idea why, I grew up fishing and cleanign my own fish. But having my Bettas cured me of that. First day I had Ringo he got his head stuck between two rocks and I had to save him. The girls have no fear and will swim up against my hands, and Flare lets me pet him :) Razzi is the only anti social fish. He is a little skittish and flares up at the eye dropper I used to feed everyone frozen brine shrimp.
FancyFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #18 
sstacy19

Too funny!
sstacy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #19 
bex101

Thats good to know my daughters fish Sarah (hes a male dont try to tell that to a six yr old) tends to follow us all over the tank but lately hes taken to nipping at her fingers when she puts in the food so far it seems like hes just saying hi but ill have to keep an eye on it. I am just thankfull he hasn't taken to jumping trying to test water with a fish nudging the test tubes is hard enough. Of couse he might not jump because he knows the food goes in the feeding ring and that's where hes waiting when the lid comes off.
bex101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:52 PM   #20 
kamrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
All I gotta say is.. I didn't know they could bite so hard!.. I mean it didn't hurt but if Freddie were the size of a dog I'd be missing a finger! I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to hand feed them.

i like it wen my sis Betta's bit me
kamrail is offline   Reply With Quote