Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #21 
1fish2fish

Fancy.. I love genetics too. Right now I'm taking Bio 2 which is all about genetics and evolution and classifications.. I love it. I wish I could take a genetics course but it wouldn't fit anywhere with my major so I'd have so spend money on a class I don't need..plus a prerequisite I don't need either.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #22 
nochoramet

What are you majoring in 1f2f?
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #23 
1fish2fish

LOL.. its funny.. I've been asked this twice today on this forum.. and once yesterday LOL...

I'm a communication sciences and disorders major.. which is a fancy way to say I'm a pre-speech therapy major.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #24 
nochoramet

Aohhhh! That's cool. I'm sorry lol I just was curious, I'm really needing to pick a major and I can't so I like asking other people to find out possible stuff for me to consider
Old 03-04-2010, 01:26 PM   #25 
1fish2fish

LOL I don't mind.. I think its really nice.. the other forums I'm on never ask me "personal" stuff.. I think its great getting to know each other :)

Does your college have a career placement office? I went to mine and took this test called the Strong Interest Inventory.. its a really good tool to help you figure out what programs would be good for you. It helped me to know that I'm suited for working with special needs people/children, teaching, or being a translator. It gives you a bunch of careers and tells you how suited you are to each one.

I found it really helped me. Although Speech Therapy wasn't my number 1 career I still think I'm going to be very happy with it. My number one was Special Education but I know that I'm better at working with a child one on one than in a group.

You should take the SII.. it really is helpful.. even if it just narrows down your choices. I think they should give it to all HS Seniors who are going/ planning to go to college.

BTW it was free at my college to take it. I just had to make an appt with career services.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #26 
nochoramet

Yeah they do, and I keep telling myself... GO TO CAREER SERVICES!!! But I'm painfully shy and awkward in situations with people... So I haven't worked up the nerve yet. And they do offer it, once again, I just have to work up the nerve to do it.
I like getting to know people too! (yes, I know that contradicts with the painfully shy thing but since it's online, it's different lol) Do you have facebook or myspace? Me and Vikki are friends on both...
Old 03-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #27 
1fish2fish

I do.. I'm on it all the time :D
here's a link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1462853001

I'm really shy too.. it took me almost a whole semester to go see CS but I'm glad I did.. they were really nice and helpful.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #28 
Vikki81207

Aww look at my big guy. I'm so happy Fishy is with you :D. He really is a friendly fish, and he really is that huge. I'm glad he made it to you alive and well.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #29 
nochoramet

He definitely is friendly :P I love the big guy! I'm so glad I was able to adopt him and he made it all in one piece... He has a sizable chunk of my heart now.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so glad he got such a good home. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote