Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #1 
veganchick

Exclamation Petition against expiriments (remember that rescue from last april)?

http://www.petition....mnsatmvms/1000/ please sign the petition. It will make a world of difference for hundreds of animals every year. No vial language please. Thank you.

Idk if any of you remember me posting something last april about 65 bettas and 55 goldfish needing new homes (They were taken from a HORRIBLE science project taking place at my school where goldies and a bettas and whatever else people wanted to put in there were placed into a 2 litre bottle with no water changes and no food for OVER A MONTH!!!! I took in all that the stupid science teacher would let me and tried to rehome them)..... The majority died throghout the expiriment, but the hundred or so fish I rescued all got new homes from people on various forums and what not. Anyway, that is something done EVERY year at my school, and I decided it needs to stop. I wrote a long detailed letter to the principle and gave her care sheets on the 17 most commonly used animals in these experiments (there was a top level two littre bottle also where people put hermit crabs, lizards, Mice, ect). I started a petition to go around my school, but I also made an online one that I really need people to sighn. We can stop the deaths, and the cruelty at my school with names and notes. Send me an email at alexastone1@yahoo.com telling my principle why these experiments unneceptable and I will print it out and give it to her and our board members. Thanks!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:47 PM   #2 
truthequalslies

i sighned it =) i sure hope this gets through to them there isnt a rights activist group like PETA for fish? if they do this again i will adopt some if possible since i have lots of room left in my bigger tanks
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #3 
veganchick

Ok, hoping that they don't..... But if they do then you can def. adopt some!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #4 
veganchick

BTW, thank you so much for signing!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #5 
Jessafall

I signed it and am currently emailing you for the principle!!
Jessafall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #6 
veganchick

Thank you so much for emailing me about that! I will print it out and hand it to my principle! We need all the signatures that we can get for this! I am positive with enough letters, signatures, and notes on the petition we can stop this!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:29 PM   #7 
shards

i signed. but if some how this dosnt get threw ill save a male and a female. ask him/her how she would fell if we put him/her in a 1 liter bottle how would she fell. why dont they eat for a month.
shards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #8 
Kitch3ntools

signed! im disgusted that this is actually happening, and being used as a "teaching tool"
Kitch3ntools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #9 
truthequalslies

I just can't. See how those experiments are in any way legal,,,how many forums have you posted this on?
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #10 
veganchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthequalslies View Post
I just can't. See how those experiments are in any way legal,,,how many forums have you posted this on?
only 4, but if you know of any others that you think would get some responses, please post it there!