Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2010, 10:04 AM   #1 
kpullen89

Talking 70 gal tank!

My boyfriend's brother has a massive 70 gallon tank that he doesn't use anymore. He used to keep a large oscar in it. Right now he's debating on whether to sell it to us for cheap or just to give it to us.. I'm sooo excited! But I just don't know what to do with it? So many options with that enormous tank.. The ultimate betta sorority? That was my first idea. I'm just hoping when I get home for summer my boyfriend will let me take over the tank..cuz I'm pretty sure he wants to start a salt water aquarium with a bunch of fish he'll have no idea how to care for! Anyways, does anyone have any other ideas for the tank? I'm gonna go crazy decorating it. :)
kpullen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #2 
doggyhog

Oh my gosh!! SOOOO jealous!!! I'd defiantly do a sorority!!!!

If I had a tank like that, I'd use all live plants and make it look really natural. But, I just love planting tanks... so do whatever you want to do!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #3 
kpullen89

I've never used live plants but I've always wanted to so I'll probably do that! And yeah I want a sorority soo bad.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

What an awesome find I hope you get it for Free.....and I vote planted, I love the planted tanks, do you have lights, you can set up lights for a planted tank pretty cheap by getting the 48in shop lights and daylight 6500k 40w bulbs for about 20 bucks, that is what I use over my 75g, I use two of them to give me 4 bulbs for more wpg.
I also do the natural planted tanks soil based, low tech, low cost, I don't want to mess with CO2, ferts and all that...lol....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #5 
kpullen89

I know his tank had lighting, I'm not sure the specifics. But I'm gonna save that info just in case I need to get lights. And low tech, low cost sounds good to me! So i'll probably try the soil based idea. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

If you want to do saltwater, all you have to do is look no further than TropicalFishKeeping.com. There are all kinds of people there to help you get started, but saltwater tanks are very expensive to start and maintain. But, yeah, a humongous sorority would be nice. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:51 PM   #7 
doggyhog

Yeah. I think you should do a sorority. ;) You could fit up to 35 females in there! :O

I'm sooo jealous!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:57 PM   #8 
Neelie

sorority!!!! females can be just as attractive as males!!! jesus id travel all around europe and collect the most beautiful females! they are highly underestimated!
you could divide off 2 or 3 sections and add males too if you wanted. unlimited possiblities!!!
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #9 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I vote for a sorority too! My dad has a 55G with all salt water and they are so expensive! Fish are like $60 and up. They're gorgeous, but unless you have the money to spend on them, I wouldn't recommend it.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:50 PM   #10 
Vikki81207

I really want to make my 50 gallon into a sorority, but I can't afford all the plants right now. So I'm turning mine into a community tank with a bunch of little fishies. If you have the money though, I would deff do a sorority. :D
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote