Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #1 
AnamCara

Hikari Bio Gold Pellets

Bought some of the Hikari Bio Gold Baby Pellets for our little friends, since they are half the size of the regular pellets, how many should we give our boys and how often? and how many per day for the Wardley betta pellets that are regular size?

im probably driving everyone crazy with so many questions dont trust the pet shops to "know" their job is only to "sell" fish they dont have much interest in what happens after they go home...
AnamCara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #2 
kelly528

Yep, definitely a very wise decision to think twice before trusting a LFS... even a few of the most trusted LFS employees I deal with occasionally spout something that makes you go 'Ehhh... that's alright I'd rather not, thanks.'

A betta's stomach is roughly the size of his eye so feed him accordingly.
kelly528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I feed mine 2 pellets twice a day.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #4 
AnamCara

on the issue of feeding the pellets i want to make sure ive got this right...

2-3 pellets twice a day?

i'm using the hikari baby pellets the tiny ones... only 2-3 of those? or are you speaking of the regular sized pellets?

My Betta doesnt seem to want to do much besides mouth his food, eat it then spit it back out... we did give him a few bloodworms this morning because i was starting to worry about his lack of an appetite.. he ate 2 of them my daughter said..

at tonight's feeding he didnt touch his pellets at all, so i tried dropping a single little piece of flake food in and he seemed to eat that.. petco said they had been feeding them pellets, is it possible mine doesnt care for them? id prefer to feed pellets, as the flakes dirty the water easier..
AnamCara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I feed mine 2 pellets twice a day. You haven't had your bettas very long, right? They may still be adjusting to their new home and thats why they aren't eating. . This happens pretty frequently.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #6 
Bonzo

Bettas can be finicky eaters, I noticed that a Betta is like a child, if they reject the pellets (and they are healthy, etc.), wait and introduce the food again (don't feed them anything else), and eventually like a child they will eat becuase they are hungry.

I made the mistake of giving in to one of my Bettas and gave him the brine shrip, and then that was all he would eat. Had to stop and start him back on the pellet diet.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote