Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #1 
bettalover2033

Question About the bubble nest and spanning More Help plzzz

i have one question and its really bothering me to ask

my question is, ??is there a way to literally encourage you betta to make his bubble nest?? or do i have to just sit around and wait. because i know that breeding betta isn't just put two in one tank and have some fish. but if anyone can answer my question that would be very helpful.

Also, my female is in view of the male is that ok? should i remove her from the tank?. i was told that the female will encourage the male to build the nest.

when the male is in his 1 gallon bowl he makes a good sized bubble nest but he doesnt make his nest at all in the ten gallon tank, but when he does make his bubble nest in the tank it is scattered all over the tank and wont work for the females eggs.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #2 
cindylou

Red face

Do not remove female until his bubble nest is complete. If he doesn't build a nest within a week then he probably isn't interested. I have found that he pretty much does alot of searching before finding an appropriate spot that he likes and not where you would like it to be. I have not had any luck with those styrofoam cups either. My males usually build there nest on or around a live plant that is sticking up out of the water. Hope this helps.
cindylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #3 
bettalover2033

well yea know he is building it under the styrofoam cum and i think ita about time to let the female go
Old 03-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #4 
Oldfishlady

I have had male wait until they spawn to make their nest, each male varies in their method, what is important is having the breeding pair conditioned for at least 2 weeks before spawning attempts. One, because when the pair are at their best health the eggs and milt will be at their best and you have a higher chance of having quality eggs and then quality wigglers, then quality fry...in turn you will have fast growth and development...putting two fish together is easy and instinct will lead them to spawn...you as the hobbyist can have some control with health, growth, development of the fry to juvie then adult so you can later spawn sibs to perfect that special Betta you always wanted......it can be a fun adventure.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #5 
bettalover2033

yes i think that this will be my new hobbly and i will try my best to keep it up. but i know that i gotta focus more on my real job thats ganna be paying the bills and what not lol. but this will be done in my spare time i enjoy the excitment that comes in this breeding. my reward will soon be the fry and i really cannot wait for that but i do know that i have to be very pacient with these types of fish. therefor, when i see the fry hatching or even the eggs dropping since this is my first breeding then i know that i will be very excited and happy. i will also be very happy that i can care for the fry that are going to be hatching after the spawning takes place