Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2010, 11:46 PM   #1 
AnamCara

Unhappy Did I Do It Wrong???

Talked to my local Tropical Fish center today about adding some aquarium salt for our two boys, and now i'm truly worried, they didnt tell me to "dissolve" the salt, just said to add a 1/2 tsp which i did.. i removed my boy from his tank and put him in a critter keeper, added the salt, waited about 15 minutes then returned him to his tank...

my daughter was overdue for bed so when it came to adding the aquarium salt to her betta's tank, i just dropped the same amount into the aquarium near the filter on the bottom, it's a spot in the tank her boy doesnt venture so often... didn't have time to remove Twilight from the tank (busy single mom), was so short of time tonight when i came online tonight for the first time i found a reply in a previous thread i had made about dissolving the salt first... did i do this wrong????? will it harm him because it wasnt dissolved first? im almost sick with worry now
AnamCara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:53 PM   #2 
AnamCara

On a brighter note, my Betta seems perkier after i returned him to his tank, this is the first time in almost 48 hours that ive seem him flare and open up his fins.. hes more active too, actually saw him playing in his little cave a moment ago... just worried about my daughter's Betta, in light of the not knowing to dissolve the aquarium salt it has since dissolved in his tank
Old 03-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Since it has dissolved he should be ok.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #4 
AnamCara

i do hope so... wish the tropical fish center had mentioned that to me when i went in today... the guy didnt even say a word about the dissolving issue, or taking out our Betta while we did it (like i did with mine)... just said put in a 1/2 tsp
Old 03-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Petstore employees usually don't know much. I think he'll be ok as long as he didn't lay right on top of it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:07 AM   #6 
AnamCara

its horrible that a tropical fish dealer doesnt know, i could expect that from walmart or petsmart, one of those stores, but not someone who deals with only tropical fish! very angry...

Twilight didnt lay on the aquarium salt that i saw, he was busy showing off to his reflection on the opposite side of the tank...

thank you for the speedy reply... this really has me stressed...

currently watching my own little guy and am amazed how quickly his activity level picked up once the salt was added... is that typical? he seemed a little sluggish and depressed the last 24-48 hours...