Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #1 
BabyGal123

Exclamation Poor mr.N...

Hi Everyone,I Am Having a Problem With My Betta Mr. Nibbles.He Is My Only Betta & He Is A Lyre Tail Betta...
I Think He May Have Tail Rot...Sorry I Don't Have Any Pictures But I Will Soon...I Got Mr.Nibbles As An Early B-Day Gift.I'm Afraid He May Die Before My Birthday Or Even Just Die. I'm Using Aquarium Salt...I'll Post Again If He Dies Or Gets Better... Please Comment Below If you Have Any Suggestions Or You Might Think I Should Give Him Something Stronger.My Older Betta Bulldog Died When I Was 5...He Died Because Well At That Age I'm Pretty Sure You Don't Know How To Take Care Of A Fish.And He Died Because I Put A Catfish In And They Fought To The Death.Well,I Was Sooo Sad I never Wanted A Fish Ever Again! And It's Sad Because They Both Died.

Last edited by BabyGal123; 03-03-2010 at 10:12 AM.
BabyGal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

I'm sorry to hear about your other fish. :( I've had a lot of fish when I was little too that didn't last more than a week.lol I was lucky if they lasted 2 weeks! A lot of bettas will get fin rot and aquarium salt should heal him right up. What size tank is he in? Do you have a heater? They should be kept in 76-80 degrees F because they are warm water fish.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #3 
BabyGal123

Exclamation

I have a 1.5 gallon tank and no I don't have a heater I just received him yesterday morning... is it really necessary to have a heater. I also have the right food, medicine for the tap water and have nutrafin for Mr. nibbles to get better...I hope he is alright. :)
Old 03-03-2010, 11:12 AM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Ok, that's an ok tank size. We usually recommend 2G's or higher. If the tank is in a room that stays very warm or you live somewhere where it doesn't go below 75, than you won't need one. Also, make sure that you're cleaning the 1.5G tank two or three times a week 100% (take everything out and wash it) because the ammonia builds up quickly in smaller tanks. There's a Hydor heater for 1-5Gs that's like $12 at Walmart.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #5 
BabyGal123

Question

Is there a chance that there can be a small filter for this 1.5 gallon tank at walmart or any other pet store?
Old 03-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #6 
BettaxFishxCrazy

You can use a filter but it's pretty useless in that small of a tank. You'll still have to do 2 or 3 water changes 100%. That's why we say ''bigger is better'', the bigger the tank, the more room the fish has AND you don't have to clean it as much.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:38 AM   #7 
BabyGal123

ok thanks