Betta Fish Forum banner

Petsmart

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  BettaxFishxCrazy 
#1 ·
No, this is not one of those angry venting posts. I am actually very happy! I didn't get any fish, but I saw THE MOST GORGEOUS CT EVER! He was blue, red and white. His body was blue, and he had a butterfly pattern. Show quality too! Gorgeous fins, and all around perfect! I really wish I would of gotten him! The lady I talked to seemed like a knowledgable betta keeper, and said she worked at a little mall booth (I think she said mall) that only sold things betta related. She said she had done so much research on bettas, I would almost trust her to give me advice. I have no room for a male betta seeing how I have a sorority in my ten gallon tank, and neon tetras and some platies in my 20 gallon tank. I was tempted to get another tank just for him.

The only thing I am angry about though is that the betta next to him had dropsy, and the lady I was talking to knew about him and the fatality of dropsy (he was so far along I wouldn't be surprised if he died by tomorrow).

Please tell me I am crazy for not buying him. I am going to slap myself in the face now... Gosh I wish I would of just picked up his little cup and walked away. I am sure he would of been fine in the small tank I have until I could of gotten a bigger tank.

#3 ·
I am sure some breeder out there is trying to track him down. How could a breeder not want a show quality CT, all around perfect betta? They must be crazy for giving him up! Even the lady who works there was saying how perfect his fins were. I am seriously thinking about buying him then giving him to one of the members here. He is too perfect for some person to buy and put him in a little container.

#5 ·
My dad would chase me out of the house. He got mad at me for making him buy some melafix for his tank, and a pack of filters for my ten gallon tank. I said I would buy another ten gallon tank with my own money, but he said there was no more room. I suggested putting fish tanks on the floor XD It's not like we have any cats. Just a big clumsy dog who decided it would be fun to pee on my bed -glares at him-

My mom on the other hand doesn't like fish. She doesn't like how they die in a few years. I pointed out the other day that the one fish my dad has is older than all my dogs and cats, and has outlived one of my dogs. My mom doesn't like how my cousin has a betta in her room that I end up taking care of. Poor Willy hasn't gotten a water change in atleast a month. I am surprised he hasn't passed away. My mom just doesn't like the idea of getting close to something then having them die so soon.

Maybe I can convince my cousin to take him. She has a 2 gallon tank somewhere that she doesn't use anymore. I could sneek him and my cousins tank into my room.

BTW incase any of you were confused about every one that I live with, my mom and dad are divorced while my cousin lives with my mom. Willy is my cousins betta who is the biggest tough wimp ever XD

#6 ·
buy him!!! jesus i cant pass any betta that look somewhat different to wat usually floats around in tanks over here! if fish like that are spotted i think they should be bought straight away and kept safe for someone on here that will take them and mind em' properly :) hint hint hint ha ha ha

#8 ·
I talked to my dad about it, and he said if I can convince my cousin to give me her two gallon tank, I can get him, but then he though about all the food. He doesn't like feeding my sorority because everyone has to get two pellets day and night, and he has to remember which one got what. I told him that a male alone in a tank, you just throw a few pellets in twice a day, and that's it!

I am going back to petsmart tomorrow, so I will see if he is still there. If he is, I will call my dad to let him know that HE HAS TO come buy him. There were some beautiful bettas at petsmart. There were some marbles and butterflies. The crowntails looked like they were delta tails with there tails all cut, except for a few!

The most gorgeous betta I saw (other than the CT I love) had dropsy. He was a CT with purple coloring and I think he was a marble. Gorgeous, but major pine-coning, and don't get me started on the bloating. I have never seen dropsy first hand before that betta.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.