Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2014, 05:15 PM   #1 
chey6212

do i have to many plants

I have a round 1.5 liter tank from WalMart and I recently bought some plants and I feel like I may have too many. I bought the 3 pack of fake plants and it looks crowded but I'm not sure. Help please??
chey6212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #2 
tankman12

Probably not bettas love a lot of plants.
Posted via Mobile Device
tankman12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:19 PM   #3 
myexplodingcat

It is very difficult to buy too many plants.
myexplodingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #4 
CrazedHoosier

Pictures? As long as they're not dangerous plants, you can almost never have too many!
CrazedHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #5 
CrazedHoosier

Also, 1.5 liter is very small. I would highly recommend upgrading, unless it's a temp. home.
CrazedHoosier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:55 AM   #6 
Betaphototramp

I a 1.5 liter tank and plastic plants yes you can have too many. But that being said Betta love places to hide and rest. If you upgrade to a 5.5 from walmart cost is about $23.00 for a starter kit with tank, filter and hood. put in about an inch of good substrate and a heater (total cost is about $35.00) and add some real plants ( You can tell when you have too many when the betta learns to walk on the top of the water.) but IMHO you can never have enough plants or tanks.
Betaphototramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #7 
chey6212

I'm kinda cramped on room in my apartment and that's the biggest tank I can get but thank yall
chey6212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #8 
kjg1029

a 1.5 L tank is so smallxc isn't that less then half a gallon? can't you get him a 2 or 3 gallon? And plastic plants are almost always a no no, they are often too rough for their fins and can shred them!!!:(, in a larger tank water changes wold be about 2x a week not everyday like it hopefully is now....anyway please please get him a larger home, anything under 5 gals in an apartment will be just fine, I have 2 ten gals and a 5.5 in just my room....anyways your betta will love you for a larger home, and Java moss and Java fern and water wisteria are super super easy, cheap plants, please dont leave him in such a tiny bowl? xc if I sounded rude at all I assure you I wasn't trying to be I am just trying to speak for the fish....and also he's prolly wishing he had a heater right about now, assuming you dont have one so he WILL need one or else his immune system can be compromised and he will end up dying years before he is suppose to. But please even if its a gallon size tupperware! The more water is always better

Last edited by kjg1029; 08-10-2014 at 11:16 AM.
kjg1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #9 
Hallyx
Reference Team

1.5L is only 1.5 quarts, less than 1/2 gallon.. That is just too small to keep a healthy Betta -- with or without plants. Betta are among few fish that can live in small bowls. But a quart is impossible for so many reasons.

Please read this and take it to heart.http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/b...h-care-232570/

Last edited by Hallyx; 08-10-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #10 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallyx View Post
1.5L is only 1.5 quarts, less than 1/2 gallon.. That is just too small to keep a healthy Betta -- with or without plants. Betta are among few fish that can live in small bowls. But a quart is impossible for so many reasons.

Please read this and take it to heart.http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/b...h-care-232570/
We need to log in to see it
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote