Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-10-2014, 02:08 AM   #1 
thendeathsaid

Tank divider material

I've been looking for the mesh that's used in the tank divider guide thread, but I haven't been able to find it here. But I went to the DIY store and picked this up

http://www.kenford.com.sg/applications.asp

In the packaging itself it says 'Chemical treatment on high grade HDPE mesh to ensure durability when exposed to sunlight's UV attack'.

Just wondering if anyone knows about what kind of chemical treatment this is and whether it's safe for aquarium use? In the product uses on the website it does say it can be used in fisheries, and on the packaging it says 'Mesh is suitable for sea water and chemical process application'. But idk about use in a closed system tank.

Edit: Here's the page for specifications of the product http://www.kenford.com.sg/specifications.asp. It says the additives are 'Colour Masterbatch with Ultraviolet Stabilizer.'
thendeathsaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #2 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

Ok that just means there's a rubber spray on the outside, perfectly fish safe, but that leaves the question what is the inside? When you get it cut some and make sure it's not metal. If you're still worried about it just soak it for 20 days
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #3 
thendeathsaid

Ah okay great! I cut it and it seems to be plastic through and through, so it should work fine. Thanks!
thendeathsaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #4 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

No problem
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is online now   Reply With Quote