Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #1 
FancyFins

Unhappy I just don't get it

I guess I'm about to divide my ten gallon again and put Dallas in between Ringo and Flare.

MOST of the time she is a pretty dark red and happy as can be. But then it seems like at some point throughout the day, pretty much everyday, she gets REALLY stressed. She has a dark stress stripe down her body and gets very pale.

Usually I don't worry about it too much since she goes back to normal but last night I got home late and when I tried to feed no one wanted to wake up and Dallas was acting very weird. She was rubbing against the plants and then would lay on the bottom for a second and swim around again. I was really worried but then today she is acting normal again and everyone else is fine. I'm about to go do a water change but anything else I can do to help I will do.
FancyFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:56 AM   #2 
BakaMandy

If you're concerned, perhaps add some aquarium salt if you're not already? If Dallas is rubbing herself against things, it could be a external parasite. In the early stages, aquarium salt can get rid of it, as well as a slight temperature raise.

:) And don't worry, sometimes my girls randomly start stripping. If you just recently put her there, she could be still getting used to being able to see the other fish.
BakaMandy is offline   Reply With Quote