Betta Fish Forum banner

Temptation . . .

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  iluvflair 
#1 ·
Someone suggested Aquabid.com for finding a betta with a sister. I'm not really interested in breeding bettas, but I thought it'd be cool to look.
And I'm DYING!
I found THE most gorgeous betta, and I want her. I want her SO bad. I'm considering buying her and putting her in one of my spare 1gals till I can find something more suitable. Input?

#4 ·
You're right, I know you're both right . . .
I just want her so bad!
Now would be an excellent time to exercise self-control. :) If I'm dead in the morning, please know it's because I couldn't handle it. :) Also, because of something not betta-related, I'm doing a solo for solo fest tomorrow . . . gulp.

#6 ·
Oh, it's for junior high school choir. As I said, totally non-betta-related, but still totally nerve-wracking. We each prepare a folk song, rehearse it for a couple of weeks, perform it in front of judges, and are rated on a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being Superior and 5 being Hang-Your-Head-In-Shame, lol.

#10 ·
Thanks you guys! I think the solo went well, and I had a lot of fun on the trip; there's a lot of my friends in choir.
Until, of course, my stupid family wrecked my whole day for me in one blow. :evil:
First off, they were snappish and grouchy at me when I didn't even do anything wrong, and second, as we passed a yard sale this morning there was a 5gal aquarium with a filter, heater, etc. I asked them to stop by and buy it for me when I was in the van, and I would pay them back. And they didn't. They didn't even forget. And now it's been sold.
Grrrrr.

#11 ·
Aw I'm sorry. I'm glad to hear your solo went well though. I was in choir 7-12 grade.
A good place to look for fish tanks in my opinion is craigslist, or your local salvation army, places like that. I got my 1 gallon hospital tank for $2. Its one of the triangle ones with a lid, lights, underground filter(although they suck), and the tube thing for the aeration system. Also had a pack of light bulbs and a octopus cave decoration thing.

#12 ·
Thanks. I've already forgiven my family though, since they've all apologized. At first, I didn't do even that, but my father gave me a peace offering.
He bought me an aquarium.
I was so surprised. That is so sweet of him!! Also, my friends 9-year-old goldfish died (R.I.P. Mr. Einstein!) and she said I could have his tank and equipment.
That's really cool that you were in choir--our JH and HS choirs are legendary around here. ;> It's mostly because of our teacher, though he denies this, and there are some good vids on youtube under "mountain home high school" choir if anyone's interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.