Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #1 
xxabc

Betta has two pimple-like things on lower jaw.

As the title says...

My tank is cycled (Can't do any more testing though, the API master kit went into oblivion. Great waste of money.).

He's in a divided 5 gallon, I do two 50% water changes weekly. Filter works fine. He HAS suddenly seen his neighbor betta, and for about 6-8 days went through an insane amount of stress. Started tailbiting, attacking the divider (it's plastic mesh) continuosly. Now he's finally stopped, tail his growing nicely, still interested in the neighbor but no more attacking.

Today during the water change, i noticed two white-pimple like things under his jaw. Very small, white in color. The pop out, but it seems like it's coming out from under the skin (so it's no ich).

Water temperature is at 77, using a (regrettable) preset tetra 2-15 heater. He's been with me for about 1 year. The time I got him at the pet shop though, he was considerably larger than the other bettas. He's always had health issues (constant fin rot coming back, funny behavior) but non recently for the past few months, aside from fin rot.

Nothing is different. He eats just fine, he swims just fine, he comes up to me just fine, no change whatsoever.

Worried about him, I don't want to lose him yet... I know he went through a lot of trouble, too. When I got him, I could tell he went through ammonia he** since his upper tail was so insanely curled.

Frankly...what should I do?
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #2 
bloo97

That happened to my fish once. (More Details in my post,Betta health--Betta Fish Cancer?) HINT HINT

Sorry about him though ) :
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:40 PM   #3 
xxabc

Definitely weird, he hasn't changed at all.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:39 PM   #4 
xxabc

One thing has changed - he seems to swim in a more jerky fashion... other betta is still fine.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #5 
xxabc

Mmk, the jerky fashion really stands out. When he swims forward, normally it's the smooth left right left right motion. However it's very, very jerky. It's like left.right.left.right. if that makes any sense at all. He's much much more sensitive to any movement or sound. I close my lid a little bit more harshly, and he flinched. Poor thing, he never flinched before. When he swims, he looks...confused. Like a conflicted person "This wa--no, that--uh, that w--" kindof act. Only for a few seconds. The jerking and confusion takes up for a total of 20% of his swimming. The rest is fine. Just fed him, nothing out of the ordinary...

I'm getting really worried, has anybody been through this?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #6 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Is he trying to rub himself against anything? Jerky motions could mean that he has an external parasite.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #7 
xxabc

Not at all. It's just his swimming way now.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:10 AM   #8 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Hmm that's weird. Could you take a picture of it?
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #9 
bloo97

Quote:
I close my lid a little bit more harshly, and he flinched.
My Fish Will finch Pretty easily.
Quote:
Could you take a picture of it?
I agree
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #10 
xxabc

No with the pictures, big apologies. Technical difficulties. Nothing is wrong with the camera, just nothing here is able to read the card, nor any USB connections atm. I'll have to buy it, but that's a long road away.

Some more detail

They're very, very small, but still noticeable. They bulge out like a pimple, Milky white in color. Directly below his lower lip, and they go horizontally from each other. There's space between the two.