Since Demetri Faust is my first CT I've never had to deal with fin curling before but Demetri is starting to get it. Its not too bad but I want to try to nip it in the bud asap. I'll post pics on this thread later so you can see him before and after.
Here are my specs:
- 4 gallon tank cycled
- top fin 10 HOB filter.. buffered
- plastic/silk plants
- natural gravel
- 30w CFL Desk Lamp (buffered by a brown napkin so its not so bright)
- tank mates... one mystery snail on loan from my 10gallon.. removed today
Here are my prams as of today (pre 50% water change):
- pH- 7.5ppm
- Ammonia- less than .25ppm but more than 0 (bc it needed a pwc)
- Nitrite- 0ppm
- Nitrate- less than 10ppm but more than 5ppm
So what can I do to stop the fin curling? I think it is caused by hard water.. what can I do to soften it without hurting Demetri?