Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #1 
SummerOj

Exclamation Sister's giving me frog but...urgent lol

Okay my sister does't take care of her froggy so...I'm going to take it. I have a problemo though >.<
Okay so...I can't get anymore tanks/kritter keepers. I want to know if I can move the frog into my female bettas' 3 gallon. I clean my fishies tanks every 4 days or so. The female betta has river rocks in her tank, handful of small gravel, a cave, a plant, a column, and a small flower pot thing. I'm going to take some of the river rocks out. so there's more water and more "floor" room.
That leaves me with a 1.3 gallon container (dont yell at me!) >.< It has a heater since it was the frogs. Im also wondering if I could put a betta in there. (I saw the most beautiful one in wal mart >.<) Im not fond of putting bettas in small containers but my betta Joshy is in a 1.5 and hes doing great.
I would keep up with the necessary water changes, of course.
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #2 
SummerOj

oh yeah and its not going to be permanent. I have a nice 29 gallon that I can set up in May/June-ish. (Going to split it in half, one for a sorority and the other side for males)
Old 03-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #3 
SummerOj

well..the fish at the store wasnt there :( So i didnt get another betta today... BUT
I did move the frog into Athena's tank. She nipped at him a few ties but she leaves him alone now for the most part.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:18 AM   #4 
FuulieQ

I'd be really, really careful. You definitely need a backup plan in case she decides she doesn't like the little froggy.

I personally moved my frog out as soon as I saw my betta nip him. I'm a little neurotic and it was just more peaceful to me to have the little guy out of there. But it might work with yours if you watch them very closely and have a backup plan.
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:20 AM   #5 
Hadouken441

I got 2 frogs with my girl haha. It works really well for me. Not even nipping. If it is its totally accident. Sometimes my frog takes lunges at my girl but its not to be means it cuz he thinks she's food. They even lunge eachother sometimes
Hadouken441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:27 AM   #6 
FuulieQ

From what I hear, it really depends on the betta's personality. You've probably got a much more laid back fish than my Freedy. He's always nervous and twitchy. :)
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #7 
SummerOj

She leaves him alone, haven't seen her near him. She's pretty much distracted by the two boys around her (don't worry they cant see each other all the time).
Yesterday, after cleaning her tank, she kept lunging to one spot on the side of the tank over and over. And there was a blood worm piece on the outside of the tank she was trying to get at. Aha.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:44 PM   #8 
truthequalslies

what kind of frog is it?
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #9 
SummerOj

its an ADF.
They are getting along good. he stays in hi put and his plant thingy and she swims around near the top of the tank.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:12 AM   #10 
truthequalslies

oh ok well if he nips @ her its cuz they have very poor eyesight so they nip at watever wiggles and looks like food lol
truthequalslies is offline   Reply With Quote