Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2014, 11:57 PM   #11 
beautiful Betta

He is probably still purging the ammonia toxins from his body, I have read that methylene blue can help with ammonia poisoning, not sure if that would be as a regular bath treatment. Or just add to the tank. I think another option might be aquarium/Epson salt, as that will draw toxins out of the body. Maybe with a bit of research you might get some answers, I have never used either as treatment for ammonia poisoning only what I have read on other threads if I am remembering correctly, I know the MB was definitely mentioned but how exactly I cant remember. That's assuming his condition is caused by the conditions in the cup.
beautiful Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #12 
SaltForYourWounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful Betta View Post
He is probably still purging the ammonia toxins from his body, I have read that methylene blue can help with ammonia poisoning, not sure if that would be as a regular bath treatment. Or just add to the tank. I think another option might be aquarium/Epson salt, as that will draw toxins out of the body. Maybe with a bit of research you might get some answers, I have never used either as treatment for ammonia poisoning only what I have read on other threads if I am remembering correctly, I know the MB was definitely mentioned but how exactly I cant remember. That's assuming his condition is caused by the conditions in the cup.
I picked up some epsom salt and added 2 tbsp (dissolved in treated tank water, then added) after his last WC. Saw a poop this morning- it's brown.

He's not looking any better, but no worse and he is eating even if it's just 1-2 pellets at a time. Thinking of asking in Diseases & Emergencies if I don't see any change in the next few days.
SaltForYourWounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #13 
pfenty

He's cute :)
pfenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #14 
beautiful Betta

Yes that might be a good idea. At least he is eating ok, which makes me think he will pick up in time, truly sick animals do not want to eat.

Wishing him all the best.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #15 
SaltForYourWounds

Update- Nice Surprise!

He's doing better! So much better that I decided to give him a reprieve from fish jail and let him out into the tank. I got home last night and found that he's no longer resting on his side like in the previous pics, but on his tail (more upright!). He's swimming better, not at all struggling to get to the surface, and starting to eat even more.

Still no name.

Thanks again for all the kind words. It really is amazing what fresh water, some TLC, and a dedicated community of betta keepers can do.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:57 PM   #16 
beautiful Betta

That's fantastic news. I would gradually start removing the salt from the water now, he will no longer need it. Just do it gradual with your water changes not adding anymore salt when you change the water.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:06 AM   #17 
Netti

Phew! Such happy news that he is doing better. :)
Netti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:17 PM   #18 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
wow, im glad he is doing better. he is a beautiful boy. how is he doing now? wishes for a speady road to full recovery
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #19 
shyanne

He looks much better! He's so cute!
shyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:14 AM   #20 
SaltForYourWounds

Thanks! He's adorable, and from what I can see he's getting back to 100% pretty quickly. No resting on his side unless he's chilling on a plant- he loves his "nests" of water sprite and whatever else I have in there that floats.

I'll post more pics once I see some more change- would like to see his pretty fins grow out some more. Still no name.

Last edited by SaltForYourWounds; 05-03-2014 at 01:18 AM.