Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #1 
doggyhog

Wow, that's really responsible.. *Sarcasm*

So I was at walmart today, looking at the fishies... no, didn't come home with anybody. :(

But while I was there, there was a mom and her two kids (probably 2 and 4 years old) and they got a little critter keeper and one of those little "Tye dye" cave things. then went somewhere else in the store. Then a few minutes later, they come back, and the mom has the cave, and it has a BIG chip taken out of it. She puts it BACK on the shelf and takes another one and hands it to her kid and says "Now don't break this one...!"

I dunno... but that just seems really Un- responsible to me, if I would have broken something my mom would have made me pay for it.

LOL sorry just had to rant about that. I wish people would TEACH their kids that if they break something, they don't just put it back on the shelf and get another one..
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #2 
SummerOj

Ughhh. Kids that get away with that kinda stuff >.<
My mom would have made me pay for it too.
SummerOj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #3 
aunt kymmie
Gold Member

Well, I don't think 2 and 4 year olds have a good grasp of money, not at that age anyway. Instead of making the kids pay for it she should have just beat them, then and there!
KIDDING!! She should have paid for the broken item, and left the store WITHOUT the cave, and explain to the kids that their behavior caused the consequenses. The kids would have understood that.
aunt kymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

She never should have let them hold the cave in the first place!! My mom would have gotten me home and beat the heck out of me for breaking something.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #5 
Jupiter

I think kids of that age are pretty clumsy and can't help it, but she definitely should have paid for the one she broke. That's a bad lesson she's teaching her kids.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:14 AM   #6 
Tinthalas Tigris

It is a terrible lesson her child is learning. To pass off negligence as ignorance. It bothers me how many people now'days do that.

At my store, I get someone every once in a while claiming that an extremely durable product they purchased isn't working right. I'll test it out, it isn't working, and what I ask them what happened they'll just say, "it just stopped working" or "it never worked." and the purchase is always right at the cusp of warranty.

This was in the process of happening Saturday, when a mother tried getting her 16 year old daughter to stay quiet. She said, "well mom, I dropped it on the ground. I didn't expect it to work after doing that either."

Sometimes parents learn from the children.
Tinthalas Tigris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:59 AM   #7 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt kymmie View Post
Well, I don't think 2 and 4 year olds have a good grasp of money, not at that age anyway. Instead of making the kids pay for it she should have just beat them, then and there!
KIDDING!! She should have paid for the broken item, and left the store WITHOUT the cave, and explain to the kids that their behavior caused the consequenses. The kids would have understood that.
Crying in my coffee here...... LOL.

Agree totally :)
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:15 PM   #8 
vaygirl

I go with beating! (jk) My Mom wouldn't have let me hold something that was break-able. Problem solved.

Parents can be so frustrating sometimes. When I used to work in daycare we had this one boy, David. His Mom thought he was perfect and he could do no wrong. He was the worst. During nap time one day he completely shredded his mat. I mean he murdered it. The teacher wanted him to pay for it so his Mom agreed (under extreme duress) but he was freaking out and crying because he wanted a new mat. He didn't like that his was all destroyed. What an epic battle between the Mom and that teacher. He should have had to sleep on what he destroyed but eventually we had to cave because she'd payed for a 'new' mat. *rolleyes* That wasn't the last thing that kid destroyed either.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote