Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-27-2014, 09:20 PM   #1 
aselvarial

I think they are jungle vals for trade

SO I got some long grass plants from a friend of mine that he said were Jungle Vals. Anyway, from what research I've done, apparently these need to be planted in sand/dirt, and I do NOT want to do a full planted tank. The 10 or so little ones seem to be doing ok just floating, but the 3 longer ones don't. I'd love to trade these to anyone who wants them and is getting rid of any kind of floating plants. (and by these, I mean all of them, the big ones and the little ones).
I have no idea how to ship them, so if you want to trade, you'll have to walk me through it.
Also, i've had them for 2 weeks and the taller ones are really starting to suffer a bit. If you are good with this plant, I've been told they are relatively hardy and should recover. I don't want to just throw them out, but I don't want to go over to a full planted tank either. Anyway, let me know if anyone wishes to trade.
aselvarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:43 PM   #2 
carlos puron

Can you post some pictures im actually selling my red root floaters and I have some Amazon frogbit to trade also depending on they look maybe we can deal something :)
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:01 PM   #3 
aselvarial

These two pics are pretty much indicative of what they are and what shape they are in. The big ones (of which there are 3-5) are losing leaves, and the small ones, of which there are between 15-20, are actually doing ok.
I don't want them to die, but at the same time, I don't want to devote that much time to converting to dirt and sand. I think I prefer floaters.
(My halfmoon Osiris totally photo bombed the picture, but he isn't included. )
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2014, 11:03 PM   #4 
aselvarial

Oh, in the second pic, it's more of the grass stuff. It's just hidden behind the other stuff. And the water has rooibos tea in it, that's why it's the odd color.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #5 
carlos puron

Ok well they seem to be in good condition now what do you prefer red root floaters or Amazon frogbit?
Old 04-28-2014, 02:18 PM   #6 
aselvarial

Oh both of those look pretty! I think the red roots would add such pretty color! But honestly I'm good with either. If you'd do like a half portion of each that would be fantastic. Just tell me how to ship the grass to you!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:26 PM   #7 
carlos puron

I think the best way to ship it's in moisturized paper towel inside of a Ziploc bag that's the way I'll ship tge floaters I'll make it a mixed handful for you but I think I'll be able to ship until Saturday is that ok with you ?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #8 
aselvarial

That's cool. I intend to ship friday.