Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #11 
n25philly

I think with a 5 gallon I would do just the adf with the betta, adding the rasboras would probably be too much. If you really want them look at espei rasboras, they look mostly the same but are smaller.

As for the corys, they prefer their own kind but it's not a problem to mix and match. If you can't get pandas and want to go with a different kind you can get five of what you can get and they will be good together, you don't have to wait until after the panda dies.
n25philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #12 
FrightyDog

ok Thanks. so would albino or peppered Be Better
FrightyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:52 AM   #13 
FrightyDog

alright the barb is going. where do i put him though. he was my first fish for the cycling tankand he survuved. i just want him to shoal at a good home
FrightyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #14 
lissienen

Corys are excellent and thumbs up -- I've done both rainbow shark and tiger barbs in with betta's and have also heard of others who have. It is really a total hit and miss depending on the betta and the other fish. Though my experience with tiger barbs is not at all favorable. Rainbow shark though? He did great with my betta after one initial scuffle.
lissienen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #15 
n25philly

It's whatever you like as far as corys go. They all get along, so you can get anything you like. Just so you know if you get albinos there is a chance they are peppered. Albino corys are either bronze or peppered.
n25philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #16 
Stone

I have a giant that lives with harliquin rasboras brone cories, albino cories, pygmy cories, otts, gold barbs,platys,mollys and a albino bristlenose pleco, and they all get along, for the first few weeks hendrix the giant purple betta showed all those fish who the boss is (chasing them all around) since then it is peaceful he swims aorund they get out of his way lol, the worst fish I have had in a community tank was guppies, they where nippy and swarmed the other fish and would nto leave them alone....
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:47 AM   #17 
jaysee

Quote:
Originally Posted by n25philly View Post
It's whatever you like as far as corys go. They all get along, so you can get anything you like. Just so you know if you get albinos there is a chance they are peppered. Albino corys are either bronze or peppered.

Agreed, and correct about the albinos.

In my experience keeping a few small schools of Corys in a large tank, the species did not intermingle like they appear to do in smaller tanks.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote