Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #1 
Jupiter

So many tank ideas, not enough tanks!

I have soo many looks that I want to do! But as you know, my tanks are limited...

I tried going on MS Paint to share my vision, but it didn't work out so well...

Feel free to borrow these ideas if you like them!

1st tank- Garden theme:
I really wanted this for M.A.C....Baisically I'd tank white gravel and make a square in the middle out of natural gravel and I'd probably line that square with river rocks. I'd put a carpet of fake grass in the square, with a flower in the middle of it. And I'd have two small pots on their sides at the front, and two upright pots in the back with a flower in each.

2nd tank- Desert theme
I saw a desert decor kit for reptiles at Petsmart, and with some sand it would look great in an aquarium! For Corona.

3rd tank-Dinosaurs
Similar to above, I'd make it look more like a desert. This would be for Renard, since his tank was the one with the dinosaur skulls in it. Maybe a cactus or two. :P

4th tank-ice theme
They sell this big hunks of blue crystal at big Al's that are sooo beautiful! I'd like to use that as a center piece, and give the tank a sort of icy look. White gravel with a little blue thrown in, and some white rock as ittle ice burgs (Big Al's also sells those) and some black plants at the back. This would be for a black orchid, if I ever get one.

5th tank-child-ish theme?
Don';t really know what to call this one, lol. This one is for Aryen, because he has such a baby face in childish personality! Plus he's white, which I think is better considering how colourful this tank will be!

This'll just have a bunch of colourful plastic things in it, hamster tubes and bird toys, things like that. There's also an aquarium Ferris Wheel on amazon.com that I think would look great in this tank! The looks of this tank would be very scattered and messy, like a kid left his toys lying around. I think this'll be barebottom, and on the back I'll stick some of those gel stickers.

6th tank-Asian theme?
Have you seen those decor they have for the little betta kits? The small stone structures and bamboo? I've always wanted to make a look with those (in a bigger tank of course!). I was thinking of black sand with this small bamboo 'wall' I found at Petcetera, with one of those small stone decor behind that, and the bigger bamboo pieces for the betta kits behind that. And maybe a plant or two in the background. This would be for my new boy. I think he would look great against that black sand!

7th tank-Marine theme
I really wanted to make a freshwater tank with the saltwater look! Sand, fake coral, some starfish, sea shells. I saw someone use netting (big enough that the fish could swim through) in their tanks, and I loved the idea! I'd love to see a betta swiming in and out of coral...

Now share any ideas you have!
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #2 
BettaxFishxCrazy

You have great ideas! I don't really go with themes, if I see a nice silk plant or decoration I need/want I just buy it.lol

The saltwater look would be really cool but most of the fake coral that I've seen have had really sharp edges and ridges. Sometimes my dads salt water fish rub up against the fake and real coral and get a little torn fin. I've heard that seashells let off something that can kill bettas. I'm not sure what though, I just read it in one of the threads. I love the Asian and Japanese statues at Petco and Petsmart, but I can't bring myself to spend over $15 on a decoration and the really nice ones are usually $20 and up. Hopefully when I move out I'll have the money for that stuff, but not now. I LOVE the ice theme! If you do these PLEASE take lots of pictures!
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:33 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I like all your ideas!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 PM   #4 
puppyrjjkm

Love the ideas :) I would LOVE to do a dino tank too, I'm a dino. fanatic. Can't wait for the walking with dinosaurs show! :) I tried the saltwater theme a little while back, just didn't have the funds for it. Our 50 gallon has the netting, can l post some pics later if anyone wants to see it. The fish love it, my female bettas and neons zoom in and out of it. :)
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #5 
Jupiter

Thanks! Everyone!

BettaxFishxCrazy, you're right about the coral, I'd have to keep my eye on that.

I don't mind spending if I have a gift card or something! Lol. I saw a tree-house decor that would look so cute with Renard, but I'm waiting for a gift card before I buy it-too expensive.

I'm very excited about the ice theme too. If i get another tank, that will definitely be the first thingh I do.

puppyrjjkm: That's right! I remember you had the netting, and you painted the bottom of your tank, right? That's the problem-I saw a video on youtube with a guy who had done a marine look, and he said he had spent $200 on his decor! Definitely not in my budget! Lol.

I loved dinosaurs a lot as a kid. In Renard's old 5 gallon (now at my family's house with Pony Boy) I have a triceratops and T-Rex skull from Walmart.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #6 
puppyrjjkm

Yep :) I spray painted the bottom of my 5 gal with sand looking paint. I really liked it except the frogs were so messy, I put gravel back in so I didn't see all the yuck! But they're upgraded to the 10 gallon now and much happier! :) I have the big piece of netting in our 50 gallon, but have little pieces for my smaller tanks. I think I'll be stopping in to pick up a dino skull this week :) I need one more ornament for my divided tank! haha
puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #7 
ThePearlFish

I think It might've been you that gave me this idea Jupiter, but I am going to divide one half of the 55g tank I bought and separate it into 4 sections, one for each season. the "ice" theme is going to be similar to what I might do for winter.

~TPF
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote