Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #11 
doubleatheman

Your not going to stay under $50, unless you want no plants and gravel :( Just a cheap tank and heater alone will cost you $47

Don't forget a bucket, net, gravel vacuum, power strip, towels, & measuring spoons.
doubleatheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #12 
1fish2fish

Most people have towels and measuring spoons.. I don't differentiate between human towels and fish towels (or dog towels much to my mother's dismay LOL).

You can get a cheap bucket by getting a smallish plastic trash can. IME buckets are more expensive for less gallons than a trashcan. I bought an 8 gallon trash can from Wally world for like $6 or something were a 5 gallon bucket was like $9.

Also OP have you checked craigslist, yardsales, flea markets, thriftstores and good wills... you might be able to find a cheap tank WITH accessories.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #13 
shards

also just let the water sit with the filter running of course and a thermometer before you buy a heater cause you might not need on i have y bettas right by a window and keep the house around 80 and it stays above 75 and below about 82
shards is offline   Reply With Quote