Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2010, 09:28 PM   #1 
1fish2fish

Lookie Lookie!!!! Jackpot!!!!!

I had my fish meeting today (whew.. that was a drive!) and I know the president of the club had said if anyone had any fish to give away to bring them but I didn't see anyone show up with any.. I was kind of bummed when right before we left one of the guys said he brought something for me!

Here they are! Sibling pair White HMPK. They are still pretty young (can't remember how young he said they were) so the male doesn't actually have a full HM spread yet but thats fine. I'm sure he'll grow into a beautiful fish.
I named the male Lestat (from Interview with a Vampire) and the female Phoebe (from Friends).
Lestat (I'll try to get better pics tomorrow)

Better one of his fins.. he has a small nip out of his anal fin

Phoebe..

When I dumped the male in he went to the bottom and then shot up to the top for air so fast I thought he was gonna jump I think these guys are going to be really fun!

On top of my new fishies (betta count up to 7) I got a 6 gallon eclipse with out filter but with sand/gravel substrate, 3 excellent pieces of driftwood. Several fake plants (until I get real ones), 2 caves, peat pellets for my water hardness, a 2 gallon tank, and 3 different kinds of real live plants! ALL FREE... I was floored.

Heres a few pics of all the stuff I got.

Malo..checking it all out.. he is a big fish enthusiast LOL

I am so excited.. I wish I could start breeding right away. As it is this pair will probably be too old to breed once I'm able to get started. I'm also hoping to get at least one nice HM male at our show in may (so if anyone is in Perry GA on May 1st stop by).. they are having an auction with fish starting at $3.. SHOW quality!... I'm gonna get myself in big trouble

This also marks the end of Jackie's Betta Fish Fraternity.. now we have a girly! I'm sure she'll be the princess LOL. I do plan on dividing the 6 gallon.. I normally wouldn't but it was divided previously and if I can't get all the glue off I want to re divide it in 3 sections so I won't have to look at the glue. We'll see how it goes.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:07 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Very pretty!! Are you going to breed them?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #3 
1fish2fish

I really want to but there is no way. I neither have the money or the room right now and my roommate is already getting mad at all the tanks (I don't know why since all but one are in my room). I have to wait until I have an apartment or house where I can actually set up some breeding and grow out tanks. I think these guys will just live out their days as pets.. but they are my first bettas from a breeder and my first HMPK
Old 03-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #4 
doggyhog

SWEET!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous! I want a HMPK pair and a 6g eclipse... :( LOL as if I don't have enough..
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:47 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

LOL I feel so lucky.. all day its felt like christmas or my birthday... except no one ever gets me fish stuff! I almost got a 10 gallon as well but some one snagged it. I'm still getting my 20 high too. I've decided I'm not getting anymore tanks (or at least not setting them up ).. I think 9 fish is my limit (thats if I divide the 6 gallon and keep the 2.. I could get 2 more fish).. just until I get out of the dorms.

I'll get better pictures of everything tomorrow and try to get some good ones of the fish.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:03 PM   #6 
Zeetrain

Damn thats pretty awesome. The drive was worth it.
Zeetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:09 PM   #7 
1fish2fish

Haha.. I think so. It was about 2 hours through Atlanta... which for those who haven't been is like driving on a racetrack with suicidal drivers.. I think I lost a couple years off my life.. but so worth it.

I'm looking at another 3ish hour drive to go to the show in May plus two nights in a hotel.. but its going to be so worth it. I'm hoping to be able to pick up another HMPK male (with color) and an HM male.. we'll have to see how much tank space I have.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #8 
Jupiter

Wow, awesome! Lucky you! And those are a gorgeous pair of bettas.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:12 AM   #9 
1fish2fish

Thanks They're settling in nicely. Still very shy but I guess once they learn I bring food and I can get them into a bigger tank they'll start to show their personalities.

I can't decide if I want to divide the 6 gallon. If I divide it into 3 they'll only have two gallons a piece.. If I divide it in half they'll have three gallons but I'll only have room for one other fish (in the 2 gallon tank). I guess I can just divide it in half (without gluing the divider) then change it to thirds if I get two fish at the show.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #10 
doggyhog

I think it would be just fine to divide it in 3 parts. I have two boys in 2g tanks and they are happy as clams. REALLY!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote