Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2010, 10:04 PM   #1 
FancyFins

Red face Echo needs.... help

...I'm thinking a therapist. I did quarantine her... though not for two weeks. She doesn't appear to be ILL but I think she is just lacking personality. She was like this in the QT tank but I thought she would liven up in the sorority (there is enough personality in thta tank to please any fish lover) and at first she seemed to be doing good... then I had some tank issues and pulled everyone. Figured out the problems and put everyone back this afternoon but Echo is back to her...weird self. Everyone else in the tank is fine. When I come to the tank all six of them line up making roll call easy but then I have to search for Echo. All my other girls are good poopers and she isn't so I have limited her food intake... could that be part of the reason she is acting so lazy???

She is really quite the pretty little thing, I would hate to have to get rid of her.
FancyFins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #2 
pixiedust

i know they dont require bubbles, but one of my fish was lacking in personality, just lazy and depressed like so i change it up put an air line int there and he really enjoyed it. he would swim around poping the bubbles, not so lazy anymore
pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #3 
Jupiter

I think it's normal. My M.A.C doesn't really have a 'personality' compared to my other bettas.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #4 
vaygirl

Sometimes they're just shy. She's been through a lot of changes and maybe she just doesn't adapt as well as the others. I'd give her more time to adjust and keep the changes to a minimum if you can. That's not always easy though. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #5 
FancyFins

Hmmm well I put her in my moms 55 gallon that has a few various tropical fish and she seems to be more active. They mostly stay about mid depth and she is uptop so they haven't had any problems. I may try her back in my 20 gallon in another week or so.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #6 
Neelie

she looks a lil pale and under the weather tbh. id just give her time... some fish get fairly depressed after change... id leave her where she is for now or she cant recover...
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #7 
FancyFins

I don't think it was change because she was unhappy in the sorority and she was very pleased to be in the 55 gallon right off the bat. I think she is just slower than my other girls and so it freaked her out having tham all rushing around her. She has established her own corner of the big tank and seems to think of her self as one very lucky fish! :)