Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #11 
punkchica321

Thanks for all your help xxabc! I didn't know the clamped things was bad, my betta Jaws had that. :-s Now I'll know another thing to look at when I look at the bettas in the store. :) Which I'll hopefully be going to tomorrow.

For the test kit, is this what you are talking about: http://www.petco.com/product/103685/...t=OnSiteSearch ?

My betta is gonna be spoiled, just like my dog is. :P It's bad, every time I go to petco(I usually bring my dog with me) I have to get him something, I bet I'll be doing the same thing for my betta now...

Someone suggested that tank as well! I'm gonna call and see if they have it at my walmart or if I gotta shop for it over the net. I'm going to look at the heaters that they have there tomorrow as well.

I'll make sure to get some silk plants! I would get live ones but I'm not very good at taking care of them. :-s I believe I found a good step by step of acclimating my betta: http://www.nippyfish.net/acclimation.html

Again, thanks for all your help!
punkchica321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #12 
xxabc

No problem!! And yup, if there's clamped fins, SOMETHING is wrong, whether minor or major. Also, color-change, or less color, is a sign. For my betta, it's usually the water is too cold, or he got a little stressed.

And yup, that's the one! If you're shopping online, I think Walmart sells it for $17 actually... if you wanna get it, get it from there. If they still sell it, hopefully. I always suggest this tank, I love it, hahah :) And if you're looking for upgrading, which I really want to do, they have a 10 gallon starter for about $36. It's vanished from Walmart's website, but they have it at my Walmart near me...it's so weird. And I'm not a Walmart salesperson, lol :)

And that's a really good website, as well. I'm about to take on live plants pretty soon, hopefully they don't die on me either!! Lol
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #13 
bettalover2033

im sorry i know this is your thread im sorry to put the spotlight on me if you dont mind is it possible to treat stress??
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #14 
punkchica321

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxabc View Post
No problem!! And yup, if there's clamped fins, SOMETHING is wrong, whether minor or major. Also, color-change, or less color, is a sign. For my betta, it's usually the water is too cold, or he got a little stressed.

And yup, that's the one! If you're shopping online, I think Walmart sells it for $17 actually... if you wanna get it, get it from there. If they still sell it, hopefully. I always suggest this tank, I love it, hahah :) And if you're looking for upgrading, which I really want to do, they have a 10 gallon starter for about $36. It's vanished from Walmart's website, but they have it at my Walmart near me...it's so weird. And I'm not a Walmart salesperson, lol :)

And that's a really good website, as well. I'm about to take on live plants pretty soon, hopefully they don't die on me either!! Lol
Poor Jaws, I feel like a jerk for not knowing all of this when I got him. :-/ It was probably because the water was too cold. I wish the person I got him from told me I did need a filter and heater, he said they didn't need it. I'm surprised he lived as long as he did, honestly.

I'll check my walmart tomorrow when I go to see if they have any other tanks like that! Good luck with your plants. :P
punkchica321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #15 
doubleatheman

My first betta lived 2 years unheated and unfilterd. But he never looked happy. My new betta heated and filtered is very active and happy. I feel bad for my first betta when I look back on it now.
Posted via Mobile Device
doubleatheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #16 
xxabc

Lemme guess - the LFS Employee told you? Lol if they tell you ANYTHING, it's best to actually check it out. Oh geez, I've had the worst experiences with them, haha... I'm only about 15 so they think it's easier to take advantage of my money! (First off, what money? LOL) But yeaaah, I could go all day about it, but I won't haha.

Quote:
im sorry i know this is your thread im sorry to put the spotlight on me if you dont mind is it possible to treat stress??
That could be a lot of things. I've heard of "Stress coat" and "stress zyme" but i've never used them myself before, and I'm not sure what they do...
Is something wrong with your betta? Is the water dirty / water too cold / tankmates / too much light / tapping on tank ?

Doubleatheman - Is your avatar YOUR betta? The one you got a couple weeks ago?
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote