Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-08-2014, 07:23 PM   #1 
Vixenfur

Introducing myself and my Bettas!

Hello! My name is Capri, lots of people call me Vix cause of my username but feel free to call me whichever you feel comfortable with ^^
I'm 16 years old and I own 3 bettas. I'm very allergic to all animals except for birds and fish. it's a shame because I've wanted a cat all my life, but I've had birds and I loved them very dearly. I probably won't get another bird until I am living on my own, but lucky for me, fish can be taken to college dorms so I decided I would get some bettas!
I took an interest in bettas after watching the Japanese anime Tsuritama, which is a pretty fun, cute show about a few teenage boys who enjoy fishing, and the protagonist is confronted by an alien who is searching for his friend, who came to earth and was scared because he didn't know where he was, so he has been causing issues for the past centuries- he is the bermuda triangle, or whatever. Haha anyways, the aliens are actually bettas but they are humans when on land. I know, the show sounds really weird but it's actually really fun and cute, and centers around the importance of friendship.
Ever since watching that I decided I wanted bettas myself! I had a betta when I was very little, but the poor thing lived in a tank barely larger than a water bottle and somehow survived for 3 years in there. When I think about it I feel bad that he had to live like that his whole life. So, now I pamper and spoil my fish like there's no tomorrow.
Kiro is my eldest, he is a beautiful red veiltail and he is my favorite. I love all my bettas very much but he really is special to me. He is even my avatar. Take a look!

My second is the crazy fish, named Aki. He's very hyper but I also realized he has fin-biting issues, so I have to pay close attention to him. I only discovered this recently so he is now being treated properly. I recently bought him a bigger tank so he has more distractions as well.
Here is my spoiled brat Aki :)

And I just bought my third betta today! He is a white halfmoon and his name is Kin. He is a very spunky little guy already and very pretty. He seems very happy with his new home.

Sorry for the long intro but I hope you enjoyed! I care deeply for my little fish and I'm sure everyone here does as well. <3 Nice to meet you all!
Vixenfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #2 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
Welcome, and your boys are amazing
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #3 
Vixenfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLacee View Post
Welcome, and your boys are amazing
Thanks! Aren't they? c:
Old 05-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #4 
Netti

Hello and welcome. Your fish are really beautiful! :)
Netti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:00 PM   #5 
BettaLover1313

Welcome to the forum! You have very beautiful fish!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #6 
Vixenfur

Quote:
Hello and welcome. Your fish are really beautiful! :)
Quote:
Welcome to the forum! You have very beautiful fish!
Thank you so much! I'm glad you think they are beautiful too- I am very proud of my babies.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:14 PM   #7 
Pippin

I like you bettas. Kiro's my favorite, ads he looks so much like my Mark Antony. Although mine doesn't sit his ornaments like that.
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #8 
Vixenfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
I like you bettas. Kiro's my favorite, ads he looks so much like my Mark Antony. Although mine doesn't sit his ornaments like that.
Aww, thank you!
Haha, Kiro's a silly little thing. He tries to wiggle his way through the bar gaps in the bridge when he swims around. sometimes he stops halfway through and just sits there and it looks like he's stuck.
Aren't the red bettas so beautiful? Kiro is my pride and joy. He's huge, he's got amazingly bright color, and my eldest, after all. <3
Old 06-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #9 
Pippin

I know. Red bettas are some of the more beautiful betta. My betta Alexi is the only betta in my house without any red on him! And he is my 8th betta. My red betta who reminds me of Kiro is also the biggest betta that I own. I'm actually kind of glad that Mark Antoney doesn't pretend to be stuck. I already had a fright when I trapped him tail against the aquarium wall. He hasn't forgiven me yet though...
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #10 
tiffanylucky

Do they know any tricks?
tiffanylucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aki, kin, kiro, vixenfur