Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #1 
sstacy19

can you put a parental lock on aquabid???

Look what else I am buying...what is WRONG WITH ME???? My thinking (not sane of course) is that well..already shipping one boy home why not make it two?
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1268956156
sstacy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #2 
nochoramet

Wow he's super pretty! I can't blame you for getting him, he's beautiful!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 05:24 PM   #3 
Min

very pretty
Min is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:11 PM   #4 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Lol you def have the betta bug! :P He's very pretty!

I'll give you some advice even though you probably don't want to hear it.lol I would see a betta that I absolutely loved and would just get it. 6 turned into 12, 12 turned into 20. One minute I only had 3 tanks, than I had 13. Keeping up with water changes was so stressful and time consuming. When one of my fish had internal parasites, I was told that ALL of them could have it because it's very contagious. If I just had 5 or 6 I'd be able to handle it, but I got so stressed out and overwhelmed because I could've had 19 fish with parasites.

Just make sure that you really have the time AND the money to put into these pets because they'll sneak up on you and before you know it, you'll be in a perdicament you don't want to be in. Just food for thought!lol I have lost 4 of mine in the last couple weeks and I've decided not to get any more because 16 is all I can handle right now.lol
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #5 
1fish2fish

Gorgeous.. If I had the extra 40 bucks to ship him I would be bidding. I really like the idea of putting a video up. You can see both sides of the fish and see how it moves and get a better idea of the general health of the fish.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

He's beautiful!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #7 
pixiedust

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaxFishxCrazy View Post
Lol you def have the betta bug! :P He's very pretty!

I'll give you some advice even though you probably don't want to hear it.lol I would see a betta that I absolutely loved and would just get it. 6 turned into 12, 12 turned into 20. One minute I only had 3 tanks, than I had 13. Keeping up with water changes was so stressful and time consuming. When one of my fish had internal parasites, I was told that ALL of them could have it because it's very contagious. If I just had 5 or 6 I'd be able to handle it, but I got so stressed out and overwhelmed because I could've had 19 fish with parasites.

Just make sure that you really have the time AND the money to put into these pets because they'll sneak up on you and before you know it, you'll be in a perdicament you don't want to be in. Just food for thought!lol I have lost 4 of mine in the last couple weeks and I've decided not to get any more because 16 is all I can handle right now.lol

that is so true, it kinda sucks acctually, cause then you feel like youve been neglecting them and its just really overwhelming and stressful. id say 8 or less is a good number. :D
pixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:35 PM   #8 
1fish2fish

Not for every body.. I have 7 now and will soon have 9 or more and I have no problem being stressed. But I'm a micro manager.. I have my day scheduled down to a "T" and I always make time to interact with each individual fish. I spread water changes out over the week so I never do more than 2 tanks a day except for days before I go on vacation during which I just set aside an hour and a half to do all the tanks at once.

As long as your organized, have the money and the space, and manage your time wisely you can easily care for many fish.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #9 
doggyhog

NICE boy!!! LOL even if you put parental lock on aquabid... there's still ebay! :D

Oh, and I clean 6 tanks once a week. I have no problem with it, it is FUN to me! LOL if I start to feel stressed, I will stop getting fish.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #10 
1fish2fish

You know.. I've never found a really nice betta on ebay. Maybe I just don't look often enough.

I agree 100% with DH.. I love tending to my fish.. I find it extremely relaxing. I love nothing better than to go to bed at night after doing a bunch of water changes and feeding and just listening to the filters run... its so peaceful and rewarding.