Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #1 
TianTian

Update on Cinder

Hey Betta lovers and friends! I hope everyone has been well!

I apologize for my prolonged absence from the forum; life has been plenty busy for me. On the bright side, Cinder has been doing exceptionally well so far. He has taken up an unusual amount of flaring at just about everything that moves and making large, gorgeous bubblenests. I believe he is probably of the proper breeding age by now.

Of course, with the economy bearing down hard on me and my family, my passion for Bettas can only be expressed through the thorough care that I can give to my single fish. I still wish I had another Betta (a female specifically) but for now I'll be content.

I do have a concern with Cinder... I expect to be moving several states over for school (transferring universities) in July or so. Depending on the housing I get, I may have to give Cinder away or take him with me on the most epic journey a domestic Betta will go on. I will give updates on this as time draws closer.

In the meantime, I have started compiling all my known information about Bettas into a brief essay just to pass time. Also, I started checking out Aquabid to see the latest... and I marveled at how high shipping has become! Seventeen+ dollars for one fish? I'd spend $5 USD at the petstore and the remainder on another tank with $17! Thoughts on this?
TianTian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:36 PM   #2 
Jupiter

Good to hear he's doing well!

I'm sure he'll be fine if you have to take him. How long will it take to drive there?
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #3 
TianTian

I want to take him, of course. It's about a 24-hour drive.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #4 
Jupiter

I'm surprised about how hardy they are when it comes to travelling! I took mine home too, which is a 12 hour drive, and they were fine.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #5 
TianTian

Hmmm... okay. I'll take your word for it. ;) I guess I'll have to set up a traveling tank of some sort for him to be in (cycle the water in his plain holding tank) and fast him 24 hours before the big move. How'd you move your fish?
Old 03-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #6 
dr2b

Wow that's a long drive. I hope things work out and you can take Cinder with you. Glad to hear he is doing so well :)
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #7 
Jupiter

I put my bettas in those cups they come in from petstores, and put them in a cardboard box. I wrapped a bunch of towels and old sheets around them to keep them in place and make sure they don't get cold. They were fine with this arrangement. :)
Old 03-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #8 
TianTian

Thanks dr2b!

Oh, that sounds good, Jupiter. Maybe I can find something like those cups around here... either that or go to my LFS and see if they have them... or let them package my fish for me (since they are pros at that). Saves me the trouble. :D
Old 03-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #9 
bloo97

Good to hear about Cinder!!!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote