Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #1 
christianchick2007

Bob Won't Eat

I just got a new Betta the other day and he hasn't been eating the normal, everyday betta fish food. I gave him a worm and he ate that up in a heartbeat. Bob will sniff the regular food, put it in mouth, but spit right back out again and forget about it. I know that feeding him worms on a daily basis is not a good thing for them. So what should I do about him not eating his normal food?
christianchick2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Its pretty normal for them to not eat when you first get them. He's probably still getting used to his new home. Keep trying the pellets. He should start eating eventually. Bettas can be picky, though and you may have to try another brand of pellets.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #3 
christianchick2007

Fish picky? Interesting lol. I got Bob two days ago. He is starting to make his bubble next thing. He must be feeling fine then. How long should I wait to find out if he is a picky one?
christianchick2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would just keep offering him the food that you have for awhile. Once he starts to feel more secure in his surroundings, he may eat what you're offering.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #5 
xxabc

Bloodworms are mainly a treat - like candy - to them. Pellets are more like regular every day meals. Keep feeding him pellets and he SHOULD eat some by a week, two weeks at most. If he doesn't regularly eat the pellets withint 1 and a half weeks, then I'd buy new pellets.
xxabc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #6 
Sella

I had Crake for a week and he wouldn't eat either. I offered him bloodworms b/c I was told that they were delicious. Finally I just went and bought new pellets and he scarfed them down. I was pretty dissapointed with ymself I let a whole week go by without doing this sooner.
Sella is offline   Reply With Quote