Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #21 
bloo97

Yes they would be healthier.
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #22 
JaspersANGEL

on sunday I went to my petcetera, well I'll go there from now on, not only did I see an orange dalmation there but they have their bettas in the Hagen's Marina Betta Kit, these: http://www.petco.com/product/106656/...kground-106656
they had 9 betta's, it's still not ideal, but it's a start, so Congrats to the petcetera in Orleans!!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #23 
serenityroyal

The petsmart I live by sometimes puts their bettas in the tanks with the other fish, and if they have to stay in those cups, they change they water. Though the keep them in this odd blue colored water. I don't know if that actually helps the fish or not.
serenityroyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #24 
dramaqueen
Banned

The water is blue because it's medicated with methylene blue.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #25 
tanker

Thanks for the replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly528 View Post
Fortunately Australia and the UK in particular seem to have it together for the most part with regards to ethical sale of bettas and I have no doubts that there is a pet store local to you who keeps bettas in a drip-system tank.
They seem to all be in little jars, that's why I was asking. I think the only thing to do is not buy and create the market for them to be sold like that. If I can find one that isn't being so closely confined, I might get one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaxFishxCrazy View Post
I hope you don't mind, I'm going to show you pictures of him when I got him and a couple days later. He's my little special boy.lol
I don't mind at all; I love looking at fish pictures. You did wonders with him.
tanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:33 PM   #26 
doubleatheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
The water is blue because it's medicated with methylene blue.
This is one of the reasons I went for the petsmart Betta.

The petsmart Bettas looked healthier to me, they had less poop on the bottom of the cup. The Petsmart cups are slightly larger and taller than the other cups.

Also Petsmart is the only store that actually has staff whom cares and knows about fish in my area. She always asks me how big the tank is, if the water is ok, if its heated ect ect. :)

Petco bettas had gone atleast a week without a change... :( At mine.

At Walmart I have to look the other way.... their Bettas get zero attention.
doubleatheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:37 AM   #27 
tanker

I got one today from the aquarium shop. Each fish had a little "mini-tank" of his own. They could swim around in them, so I was happy to buy one from there. He looks a bit sorry for himself, but hopefully he'll perk up and be ok.

Thanks again for the replies.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #28 
BettaxFishxCrazy

Wow, that's great! The closest Petco near me takes great care of their bettas. I rarely see a dirty cup. It's probably because the guy who works in the fish section all the time has bettas and loves them.
BettaxFishxCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:06 AM   #29 
tanker

I just hope he's not sick. He seemed a bit droopy and he's now lying on the bottom tucked in behind the filter (I've just googled and read that they can sleep on the bottom, so hopefully that's all he's doing - I freaked out when I saw my guppies doing it until I realized they were asleep.) You have to have nerves of steel to get fish, if you're a natural worrywort like me! (He did eat, though, so that's good.)
Old 03-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #30 
ScuitoAmi150

Some of these bettas have to live in these cups for a really long time....I was in petco like two weeks ago and saw an adorable little female betta. Went back yesterday and she was still there (I'm almost 100% sure that was the same fish)
ScuitoAmi150 is offline   Reply With Quote